new car?

8 minutes ago, Outofthi5world said:

So, I'm sat in a dealership now, I'm impressed with what's on offer. Anyone guess what I'm doing?

Downsizing ,4 >2. Honda Fireblade,reliving your youth. Good on you!; lol

16 hours ago, Outofthi5world said:

Babe, I said I was impressed, not buying a 10 year old Renault :D

Think you got that a bit wrong.   Fabia 2, for example, did not even have Electronic Stability Program across the range where as Dacia do.  They have the most modern Renault engines, the company that has won half of the F1 races in the last quarter of a century.  Dacia Logan/Sandero models are based on the Clio Mark 3, European car of the year ten years ago indeed, with electronics updated.

I owned the only decent mark 2 Fabia, ie the VRS, and did 100K mile in it, and the Mk 4 Clio and Clio Mk 3 based Dacia are better cars than the bland stuff Skoda is trotting out now (except the Superb with 280 hp and 4 wheel drive).   Skodas days are numbered, as with most of VAG, post Brexit as they will be even more overpriced upon the introduction of customs tariffs.   

7 hours ago, Ryeman said:

We're the Renault engines regarded as reliable lol?.

F1 or road?

Here in the UK Renault have enough confidence to give their engines 100k miles/160k kilometer warranty.

VAG/Skoda 60k warranty.  

F1, reliable enough to win a dozen F1 championships in the last quarter century and I hope this year too, Max and Dani to do the business over Bot and Ham.

11 hours ago, Ryeman said:

We're the Renault engines regarded as reliable lol?.

From personal experience, they are badly designed, badly built and chronically unreliable.  Designed to fail, designed to be difficult to work on and with expensive parts (of which you will need many)!

Even the Discovery (series 2) which followed was more reliable.  Not to mention 450K miles in VAG products which have been very reliable.

My first Skoda had 3 years unlimited mileage for warranty (i.e. 125k miles).

I would suggest that half the F1 championships have probably been more due to the chassis than the engine.

I would bet that Skoda UK Dealerships and Skoda UK the importer wish they had the sort of range of Cars including EV's, Vans & Dacia cars that Renault have and are selling and leasing.

They could be so busy preparing for sale and servicing and not just working so much on Warranty, Service campaigns /recalls and thousands of 'Fixes'.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lol-lol said:

F1 or road?

Here in the UK Renault have enough confidence to give their engines 100k miles/160k kilometer warranty.

VAG/Skoda 60k warranty.  

F1, reliable enough to win a dozen F1 championships in the last quarter century and I hope this year too, Max and Dani to do the business over Bot and Ham.

Yep

Dan's the man..........and no sourpuss either 

First off, noidea why it changed haha to babe on my last post :) and second, never had any reliability problems with any of the Skodas I've owned, even the 202,000 mile Croctavia that got ragged round tracks and changed down to 3rd at 90mph ext. 

5 hours ago, Outofthi5world said:

First off, noidea why it changed haha to babe on my last post :) and second, never had any reliability problems with any of the Skodas I've owned, even the 202,000 mile Croctavia that got ragged round tracks and changed down to 3rd at 90mph ext. 

I had done over 1 million miles in the dozen Skodas/SEATs/Audis I had up to the point of getting shot of the Fabia 2 VRS, general reliable except I did have a turbo go an A3 1.9 PD at 61k miles and had to argue with VAG to cover it as it was only 18 moths old. Several of the DSG boxes, 6 and 7 speed use to get confused sometimes transitioning from Drive to Sports which could be a bit fun, the twin charge seem to go in phases of using oil and not suing oil, I think that even VAG did not properly understand their own engine. 

Done nearly 100K miles in the Clio and Logan and with the long (4 year) and the warranty I have no worries about the engines ability to handle modern driving even when driven mercilessly ie indicated 80, 90, 100, 110 mph with half ton loads.  Just get them serviced to plan in my excellent local garage who left Skoda (when Skoda UK started to move to large corporate groups as their franchises rather than the previously highly rated by consumers family franchises.  Last years owner survery confirmed my and thousands of others personal experience.   http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/95238/best-cars-to-own-driver-power-2016-results     (5 Renault/Dacias and 4 Skodas in the top 20 places, no Audis, SEATs or VWs).

Edited by lol-lol

49 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

For many the current series Yeti's body will be a true classic of function over style.

The only Skoda (from the current range) I would be OK with to have on my drive........

2016 SKODA SUPERB SE L 2.0 TSI 280PS 4X4 REVIEW

Meet the humble looking Skoda that's better than a vRS

OVER THE years, the police and drivers have played a game of cat and mouse, with the boys in blue taking to unmarked patrol cars and drivers slowly but surely learning to spot the cars and their telltale signs. Not that long ago, we could spot them a mile off, as they had to be cheap and built in Britain’s backyard, which basically meant the long arm of the law was restricted to some mediocre metal from Ford, Rover or Vauxhall.  Now, police appear to be allowed to pick pretty much whatever they like to go about their stealthy duties of catching anyone who inadvertently strays over 70mph on the motorway. Value for money seems to take precedent over other practical and political concerns — and the most cost-effective cars to run often come from Audi and BMW.  So the little blue lights are hidden behind posh grilles and inside the subtly tinted back windows of A4s and 3-series. But drivers learn quickly, and many are already wise to their ways. Such cars are not nearly low-key enough.  Shoot me for suggesting this, but maybe what the law needs is something, well, laughable. A car nobody would want to hear was rushing to the scene of a crime. A Skoda, for example.  Hidden away in the Superb range like a nondescript handbag snatcher in an identity parade is the 2.0 TSI 280 4×4. It’s a breathtakingly good car. One that’s as fit for the line of duty as it is capable of keeping the accountants happy.   Here is a Skoda that conforms to the first rule of unmarked police cars: blend into the crowd. From 50 paces, it could be any old saloon; Audi, Ford, Hyundai, Volkswagen – the guessing game goes on.  But beneath the surface it essentially boasts some of the best bits from the Golf R and Seat Leon Cupra. It has a highly tuned 2-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged engine with 276bhp, a four-wheel drive system and six-speed dual clutch transmission. But unlike those oikish hot hatchbacks, or indeed an Octavia vRS, the Superb hides its light under a bushel.

84327199e7358f8132ae4686d31380159455cd3f-1.jpg

12 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

Nah!

Too much stuff for me.

My moto "If some is good and more is better to much must be just enough".

Skoda have gone down the route of stupidly small fuel tanks but the Superb still have a proper sized fuel tank.

0-60 in 5.7 seconds  !!!!

Probably will go for a 220 hp Clio RS start with the 0-60 in 6.5 seconds and then raid the wealth of Proddie racing bits to personalise.  

Though the new Alpine looks nice ......

1 minute ago, lol-lol said:

My moto "If some is good and more is better to much must be just enough".

Skoda have gone down the route of stupidly small fuel tanks but the Superb still have a proper sized fuel tank.

0-60 in 5.7 seconds  !!!!

Probably will go for a 220 hp Clio RS start with the 0-60 in 6.5 seconds and then raid the wealth of Proddie racing bits to personalise.  

Though the new Alpine looks nice ......

You kids!

I don't know.))))

30 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

You kids!

I don't know.))))

Or Middle life crisis funded by a UK government giving even more tax breaks to the already well off, cheers Phil H, Gideon O.

Edited by lol-lol