To buy or not to buy?

berr0010

Currently have a Peugeot 3008 2010 2.0 hdi. love the car. 103k and we tow a caravan in Europe twice a year. however it's due a new clutch front disks and possibly a timing belt. Looked at Skoda Yeti 2.0 150bhp 4x4 SE drive in quartz grey. Knowing how old the Yeti design is do I wait for the new model?Do we keep the pug? How good is the Yeti at towing? test drove the 110 bhp and loved it. finance is coming out very good as I suspect it's end of production incentives. My wife loves the Yeti driving charactistics, while I agree and love the rear space and the practical layout. It's so difficult. thoughts? ideas, towing abilities would be welcome.

Tow a (roughly) 1050kg Bailey with the 150 and find it brilliant. Very stable due to no rear overhang, easy to manouver, fuel consumption good towing and excellent solo. 

I have towed a 900kg eriba pop-top with a 110bhp Yeti for 3 summers. Fully loaded car and van through France at French legal speeds I get anything from low to mid 30s mpg. I recently collected a new eriba, running empty at 900kg and returned 42mpg on the 150+ mile journey home. It is a very nice tow car. With the 150bhp it would be an excellent choice.

Something you may have overlooked is the flexibility in being able to take the rear seats out fully. We usually do this when the two of us are away in France for a month. We fit a table top fridge and a freezer in the boot along with a couple of clothes driers, and in place of the rear seats we fit stacker boxes of food and the awning.

Colin

3 hours ago, berr0010 said:

Currently have a Peugeot 3008 2010 2.0 hdi. love the car. 103k and we tow a caravan in Europe twice a year. however it's due a new clutch front disks and possibly a timing belt. Looked at Skoda Yeti 2.0 150bhp 4x4 SE drive in quartz grey. Knowing how old the Yeti design is do I wait for the new model?Do we keep the pug? How good is the Yeti at towing? test drove the 110 bhp and loved it. finance is coming out very good as I suspect it's end of production incentives. My wife loves the Yeti driving charactistics, while I agree and love the rear space and the practical layout. It's so difficult. thoughts? ideas, towing abilities would be welcome.

Does the all new 3008 not figure as a replacement?.

Thanks for replies. The new 3008 is too new. no discounts or good finance deals. Also the wife hates it! looked at quashqi and she likes the Korando after seeing it at the NEC  show (I did play a game of rearrange these words...dead my body over )

51 minutes ago, berr0010 said:

Thanks for replies. The new 3008 is too new. no discounts or good finance deals. Also the wife hates it! looked at quashqi and she likes the Korando after seeing it at the NEC  show (I did play a game of rearrange these words...dead my body over )

Funny, I read that U.K. brokers are active with significant discounts.

You might find this topic helpful: 

A small addendum to Llanigraham's comment about the Yeti's short overhang is that it changes the reversing geometry a bit  - the car has to swing further to achieve the proper effect.  You just get used to it. 

Thanks everyone. Well test drove the new 3008 and Ateca today. 

Well if the mk 2 yeti is based on the Ateca then skoda are making a big mistake. It's boring, bland and overpriced. I really thought I might wait for the new yeti but now after seeing the seat, no chance. Oh it has a big boot ! 

Really liked the 3008, nice features and very classy cabin. iconcept was weird and typical French over realience on software and touch screens. if the screen fails your loose all the heating, sat nav controls etc. I like simple. The lane assist and blind spot warning was really good but the price and PCP deal from main dealer were disgusting. Yes I could go to a broker but still higher than a MK1 Yeti. 

• Like 1