19" Vega alloy technical spec?

freelunch

My Superb Sportline came with 19" Vega wheels. I've searched and checked my manuals, but can't find a full technical spec. Can anyone help, please?

My wife, who cares nothing about cars, said it looked like someone had taken a hammer and bashed the wheels up. That's all the encouragement I need to start looking around at my options: 17" with winter tyres? 20" (the Vega's still look small to me) with summer tyres and fit new winters to the Vega's? 

The fitment tools are no good to me without knowing what I'm currently running. Can anyone suggest a 20" tyre size that would fit?

Thanks in advance.

A quick google search showed a photo of a 235/40 19, but you'll be able to confirm this from your own tyres.  If you feed that size into the conversion tool you'll get 235/35 20 which follows the rough rule of thumb - drop a profile if you add an inch.  Be extra careful of potholes at that profile. Check what's available (and £) to fit and update your insurer when done.

As winter choice is less at 40 profile, think carefully if you want to keep the current wheels for winter use where they're more likely to get damaged either through contact or salt/grit etc.  It may be wiser to sell them to fund smaller winter wheels so that you can enjoy the 20s if you go that way.

Thanks for the reply, however I am after specs for the wheel, not the tyre. I don't know if the width is 8" or 8.5". And offset? Hole pattern, centre hole?

I did ask about 20" tyre size and thus confused the issue! Sorry.

I found this chart on wheel-size.com : It has all the sizes I need, as long as it's accurate! (And already fatzy says different!) It tells me:

My Vega's are 8Jx19 ET41 with 235/40ZR19 tyres. So, I could go with:

7Jx17 ET49 with 215/55R17 winter tyres or

9Jx20 ET35 with 255/30ZR20 summer tyres, for instance.

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 15.39.35.png

20 minutes ago, freelunch said:

I found this chart on wheel-size.com : It has all the sizes I need, as long as it's accurate! (And already fatzy says different!) It tells me:

My Vega's are 8Jx19 ET41 with 235/40ZR19 tyres. So, I could go with:

7Jx17 ET49 with 215/55R17 winter tyres or

9Jx20 ET35 with 255/30ZR20 summer tyres, for instance.

Your Vega alloys are as I said. Information you find at a retailer is not the alloy specification your car has been delivered with, they are variants.

Screenshot_2017-03-20-17-15-12.png

Edited by fatzy

58 minutes ago, fatzy said:

The Vega dimension is 8j x 19, ET 44. They are 5x112, center bore is 57.1 mm.

^^^ This 

You can alter the width and ET slightly just don’t go too far.... for example I ran 8.5” x 17” ET50 with Nokian 225/55/17” winter tyres before upgrading to my Vega winters. 

Wheel spec can be found on the reverse side of your alloys.  You'll have to experiment with your phone for photos but you'll get there in the end.  Should confirm wheel dimensionss PCD and offset, but not centre bore.

You weren't at the same boarding school as Jack Whitehall were you? :D  Looks worse each time a read your choice of words...

No, it's easier to get your phone between the spokes on open designs like that; but most of my cars have a raised ride height so it's a bit easier to get under and check for clearances at the same time.

• Like 1

:biggrin:

I try to park in the same spot about 100 metres from my flat in a bustling neighbourhood. The locals already know me a the guy who obsesses over his car. If I start taking selfies through my wheel spokes... ! ! !

• 2 weeks later...