Rear Wiper - Ireland

Hi All,

Picked up my Superb Sportline 190 Hatch yesterday from the dealer. I had specced and paid for a rear wiper but it turned up with no rear wiper.

It's been looked into but now it's been said that a rear wiper is not actually an option on a Sportline model.

I'm pretty certain that it is...plus I've already paid for it!

Can anyone in Ireland comment on this and advise how to proceed??

I love the car...but a little annoyed about this.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, MrB1 said:

how to proceed??

Get a decent rain repellant on the windows and the rear wiper really isn't necessary. 

Short of rejecting the car car there is not much (other than a financial gesture) that can be done.  

That's pretty much what I'm thinking as well!!

I think I'm more curious to see if it can be got in Ireland as an option.

Either way....I paid for it and I'll get something back for it

As far as I know, the rear wiper comes as standard on the L&K version, and is an option on the other levels, ( Active, Ambition, and Style), at around €95,  seeing that the Sportline, is based on the Ambition level of spec, with some additions, there really should be no reason why the rear wiper is not an option, but you can't check this on the cofigurator, as the sportline is not listed.

Sportline shows up on pricelists, for model types, but even when you look below at the different levels of specs for the different trim levels, you find that Sportline is missing.

Only your dealer, will be able to answer, as to how he was able to spec an option, and charge for it, and then find out that it could not be done,  usually each level , will have it's own option list.

1 hour ago, RickTT said:

Well its an option on the UK configurator for the hatch..

It is indeed but its the grand sum of £0.00 to have one.

You would have to be crazy not to tick the box.

1 hour ago, rickyang said:

I didn't tick the box because I think it looks horrible.

Looking at the car now and since my last 9 cars have had rear wipers I don't even notice it.

From the inside I cannot even see it but when its a horrid day at least you can see out.