Icelandic Map on Columbus sat nav

Hey guys,

Just bought a imported Superb from Belgium ( I live in Iceland) and it seems that a map of Iceland is not included in the Columbus sat nav.

I´ve tried to enter the VIN number on the update portal but keep getting "An unexpected error. Please try again later."

So i have two questions,

Why do i get this message?

And does the Columbus sat nav even have the Icelandic maps?

You have the RNS Columbus but the update portal is only for the newer MiB Columbus which is why it isn't recognising your VIN.

You will need to contact a Skoda dealer about getting your maps updated, which along with any firmware updates are provided on DVD.

There are other methods for getting map updates but not suitable for elaboration on this forum.

I can't answer about the Iceland map as I no longer have my RNS Columbus equipped Superb II but if I recall correctly it only extended westward to Ireland.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BillyJim said:

You have the RNS Columbus but the update portal is only for the newer MiB Columbus which is why it isn't recognising your VIN.

You will need to contact a Skoda dealer about getting your maps updated, which along with any firmware updates are provided on DVD.

There are other methods for getting map updates but not suitable for elaboration on this forum.

I can't answer about the Iceland map as I no longer have my RNS Columbus equipped Superb II but if I recall correctly it only extended westward to Ireland.

Ok that makes sense. Thank you very much.

Updating isn't worth the effort unless there's something wrong with it as it is - issues with crashing/slow response can sometimes be fixed, but I don't think you get any new functions. A user called Rustynuts on this forum does work on these units, so he'll hopefully give you better information. It will also depend on the age of the car as small software and hardware changes were made over the years the unit was used.