Skoda Rapid normal sedan what are the problems ?

Can you please tell me for the Skoda Rapid the normal version, what are the problems that this car has ?

How does it compare to Octavia III (suspensions, rear seats space , noise insulation etc.) ?

Thank you so much.

skoda-rapid-hatchback-rear-tracking.jpg?

The Octy 3 is a modern mid size car. The Rapid is a budget small car, based on a stretched out Polo it's very narrow so only seats 4 but has good legroom and bootspace. It's quite old tech though, the parts bins raided to build it include the Golf mk4 !

The Rapid does not ride handle or go like an Octy, but if a really large discount is obtained its a good value if old fashioned car. I can't afford an Octavia or Leon but I got 23% off RRP  on the Toledo so I'm happy with it.

However, I've just seen brand new delivery miles Golf  mk7s under £13000, so if I was buying today the Rapid/Toledo wouldn't get a look in.

Edited by camelspyyder

A bit late now,but it was an "entry" level Octavia or a Rapid SEL with "extras" for very similar prices...but more on my p/x for the Rapid ....ah well deal done ! !

Yes agree to above it is a longer polo.  I can't compare to an Octavia as I have never been in one.  I would not class this as a small car really as I find loads of room in it.  Cheaper for me on insurance and running costs compared to an Octavia.  Only problems I have come across were the water in rear doors (sorted by dealer in warranty period) And still waiting to hear what is supposed to be happening with the emissions thing.  

1.6 diesel 13 plate

Edited by MarkRawlinson52

• 2 weeks later...

Having had a 1.2tsi for 12 months now yes they are smaller than the Octy but being narrower they are tighter for room but the Sport one we have on the 215/40/17 tyres  sticks to the road like s--- to a blanket handles very well and gets to 125 quickly and easyly had it for 12 months now and last week was the first other one i have seen on the road and that was an estate so they aint common the engine is that quiet i have to check the rev counter to see if its running 

Edited by stranger

SLOWLY..but surely the Rapid is "growing on me" & have started to add the "bits" like I always seem to do....when I think its keeper ? ! ? !