Dipped lights on continent

Just returned from France and found that my worry for headlamps converters is unfounded. I had them in the boot just in case. My 63 reg dips its lights straight downwards in front of the car with no pointing to the left and with equal light scatter on the left and the right. So Skoda presumably sets its lights so when dipped they are suitable for both left or right hand drive models. Since I was fully loaded I selected no 3 on the headlamp adjustment dial.

Edited by edbostan

• 10 months later...

There's also this in case it helps anyone

Taken from - https://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Roomster_5J/11-2014/Manual/Roomster/A05_Roomster_OwnersManual.pdf Page 62

Tourist lights Read and observe on page 59 first. Halogen projector headlights with cornering light function This mode makes it possible to drive in countries with opposing traffic system (driving on the left/right) without dazzling the oncoming vehicles. When the mode “tourist light” is active, the side to side swivel of the headlights is deactivated. Activating tourist light Before activating the tourist light, the following conditions must be met. Ignition switched off, light switched off (light switch in position 0), control dial for headlamp beam adjustment in the  position, no gear engaged or selector lever in the N position (automatic gearbox), tourist light deactivated. › Switch on the ignition. Within 10 seconds of the ignition being switched on: › Turn the light switch to the  position » page 59, Switching the light on/off. › Engage reverse gear (manual gearbox) or move the selector lever to the R position (automatic gearbox), › Turn the headlamp beam adjustment dial from  to  » page 60. Deactivating tourist light Before deactivating the tourist light, the following conditions must be met. Ignition switched off, light switched off (light switch in position 0), control dial for headlamp beam adjustment in the  position, no gear engaged or selector lever in the N position (automatic gearbox), tourist light activated. › Switch on the ignition. Within 10 seconds of the ignition being switched on: › Turn the light switch to the  position » page 59, Switching the light on/off. › Engage reverse gear (manual gearbox) or move the selector lever to the R position (automatic gearbox), › Turn the headlamp beam adjustment dial from  to  » page 60. Further information » page 118, Headlights.