2003 (mk 1) vrs drivers door lock cylinder removal

So is there any final guide on doing this? I found a few resources, that basically told me to open the door, and unscrew both screws almost all the way out .. i managed to drop the upper one in the door (Wasn't actually me who did that..), so it came off entirely .. But then when i undid the lower one i got it to hold the door handle open which it's supposed to, and then i tried 3 different plastic breaker tools, but i never managed to get the lock out, because my plastic pry tools, as solid as they were were no match for the lock. The only thing which only ever nearly came off was the painted plastic bit over the lock cylinder which is part of the trim.. Anyway, since i did drop the top screw in there I'm assuming i'll have to remove the door card to get it out, and i got a guy probably handling all of this for me today, because for now i give up on DIY'ing this. Still .. if needed in the future I'd really appreciate a guide if it differs from  the second link..

For those of you curious .. here's some links on doing it, which didn't end up helping me .. Not sure if it's because the lock does sit REALLY tight or what but..
http://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/octavia-mk1/body/body_work/front_door_central_locking/front_door/remove_and_install_outer_door_handle/

Edited by devhdc

3 hours ago, OCTAVIA_4X4_ABT said:

http://diy-vag-20vt.blogspot.gr/2013/11/yellow-coloured-text-is-about-front.html?m=1

Scroll down a little bit until you see the driver's door photos.

Thanks .. well as it turned out, my mechanic told me I'd done it right, the issue just was that it had corroded, which apparently took some digging before he could separate the parts.

Brute force can sometimes be the only viable option... even a hammer has a purpose...

Ive found a healthy dose of electrical contact cleaner followed by a gooood long soaking in a decent penetrating fluid works wonders no matter what the issue. Then... break out the gas torch, pry bars and hammers...

Does anyone have the part number of the housing? It's corroded away at some hatch in it, so i'll need a new one to tranfer the lock cylinder itself too.. Mine's got a remote lock it if matters.