Felicia Rear Wiper, window demister and Third brake light

Thanks about the illustration !

The biggest difference with my LX-Felicia wires is the lack of alarming system, which leaves the pins 2 and 7 empty in my 8-pin connector. Neither do I have even CL in my tailgate. It is good to know that I can get inside my car even if the CL-system stops working in -35C degrees :)

The pin1 in my car goes to license plate lights, pin2 is empty, pin3 gives +12V to rear screen heater, pin4 goes to the pin1 in wiper motor, pin5 goes to extra brake lamp, pin6 is a general ground wire, pin7 is empty and finally pin8 goes to pin3 in wiper motor connector.

Good night, 

JussiG7

Edited by JussiG7
more text

23 hours ago, JussiG7 said:

pin5 goes to extra brake lamp

Nope. A green/black wire goes from pin 5 of T8l to rear wiper connector (T3d pin 3) like in my illustration. See proof below from factory wiring diagrams for Skoda Felicia LX Mk 2.

0tIux8K.jpg

wZoRLDh.jpg

23 hours ago, JussiG7 said:

pin8 goes to pin3 in wiper motor connector

Nope. A brown/black wire goes from pin 8 of T8l to tailgate lock switch connector (T3d pin 3) for luggage compartment lamp like in my illustration. See proof below from factory wiring diagrams for Skoda Felicia LX Mk 2.

o2AOUm9.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Ricardo!

Thanks about the corrections and new illustrations! It is now too hot even to open the tailgate panel to see the wires going there, but I believe that you are right in that ! I´ll check them later.

Just now it is enough for me that all the parts of the system: license plate lights, extra brake light, rear screen heater, rear screen wiper and also the luggage compartment lamp work perfectly.

I shall wait for cooler days to check the wires, but I suppose you are right. That means: The wires are the same as they came from factory. I only wonder, what had burned the BA- connector, because in my eyes it seemed to be burnt, not cracked (shaken, not stirred). Any other signs of a short or a fire are not visible, so I suppose the wiring generally is original (except the wires to rear and front fog light switches that I shall fix). 

By the way, you seem to be a kind of (inter)national treasure with all possible information from not only your own car but also the other Felicia models :)  I would like to ask: " Where do you have got the access to Felicia LX make2 all electric diagrams, or is it possible for car electrics mechanics only?"

Sincerely,

JussiG7

Edited by JussiG7
more text

Hey Jussi

BA connector may had been heated slowly due to a high contact resistance from water/corrosion but got burnt when the window heater exposed wiring touched ground for a very short time each time you operated the tailgate.

For the rest see PM.

• Like 1

Good Morning!

That may be the reason for a connector edge to melt, I mean a tiny scratch inside the rubber boot leading to the tailgate.

But I bought this Felicia in March 2016, and the problems with the main lights began almost  immediately (the reason was the 2 robber joints made by car importer two install the seat warming system, still grateful about the help I got from you and others).

What I´m trying to say is: Already then the corner BA/2 had melted away and afterwards I found out that there was no black wire at all. Its head was not visible, suppose it was somewhere in the cable going to the left A-pillar.

So, maybe the reason of the fault in connector was as you described, but somebody had removed at least 1m black wire and done nothing to solve the problem.

The previous owner lived 500 km north from me, almost in Lapland. So, the heater in rear screen should have been very important during the winter 2015-2016. But nowadays, as we have, not only motor heaters but also cabin heaters in almost all cars, it is possible to "start from a heated pole and go to work, where there is another heated pole". In that sense the rear screen heater is not so important nowadays.

But generally speaking, I think that every Felicia/Favorit owner should check the wires inside the rubber boot leading to tailgate. In cars, the age of +18 years, that place is usually worn out somehow.

Thanks about the PM ! There is a lot of material to search during the next black winter :)

JussiG7

• 5 weeks later...

Hi again!

I spent two weeks in Lapland hiking there on mountains, and came back as a new man, full of energy and with clear brains, I hope. And dear Green Beast made more than 2000 km using only 5,5L/100km (95E) !

But it was about the time to give the tailgate a proper cover against rust, and the same time to  check all the wirings in the tailgate and leading to the tailgate. And I have to admit, that Ricardo was right about the colours and the meanings of the wires all the time. So, I corrected my own photos and shall send here also a new photo about the wiper motor connector. Hope, it might help somebody :)

THE RIGHT COLORS AND TEXTS ABOUT THE 8PIN- CONNECTOR.jpg

WIPER MOTOR AND ITS 3 WIRES DECLARED FROM 8PIN CONNECTOR TO WIPER.jpg