Black design package plus

i have ordered a vrs estate dsg petrol with black design pack £725 option,this consist of 19 inch alloys,black grill and mirrors,corner fogs.but I have been asked to pay an additional £60 for gloss black roof rails,but when I use the configurator if I spec the design pack plus it won't let you ad the £60 gloss black roof rail option. I have I paid for the rails when I didn't have to? Or is the dealer right? I have to spec the rail option as well? Anyone shed any light? ...thanks

I've just looked in the Octavia brochure ( Dated April 16, So not the latest ) 

Then and may be now you could spec the Black roof rails with the Black Design Package but not with the Black Design " Plus " Package. BUT it states :-

Black Design Plus Package Includes, 

19" Extreme Wheels with 225/35x19 tyres, Anti Theft Wheel Bolts, Black Rear Spoiler, Black Door Mirrors, Sun Set Glass from b Pillar, Colour Maxi Dot Trip Computer and the BLACK DESIGN PACKAGE  (which includes Black roof rails )

If you wanted Silver Roof rails it was an extra £155

You need to pick up the latest brochure.

AG

I can only speak for when I ordered mine (12 months ago) but I paid for the black design package + and it came with black roof rails. I didnt have to order them separately at an extra cost 

privacy glass now standard, Just find it strange that once you pick the black pack plus 1. There is no mention of gloss back rails and 2. It won't let you spec the rails unless u pick the standard blackpack,think I will try contacting skoda myself

1 minute ago, p5stokes said:

privacy glass now standard, Just find it strange that once you pick the black pack plus 1. There is no mention of gloss back rails and 2. It won't let you spec the rails unless u pick the standard blackpack,think I will try contacting skoda myself

Strange, the way I see it is if you order the Black Pack Plus it includes the Basic Black Pack whitc includes the Black roof rails

The configurator seems very inconsistent.  Black pack costs 150 on hatch or estate but for the estate the gloss black roof rails are required at 60 pounds making the black pack 210 for the estate.

For the black pack plus the cost is 675 for the hatch and 725 for the estate which implies the rails are included in the price, as it doesn't require they be included,  but now for 50 pounds extra.

Skoda have done a good job of making this confusing but I can't see any other reason for the price difference between the estate and hatch other than the gloss black rails being included.

• Like 1

I think now glossy black roof rails are extra. Before they were exclusive on VRS 230 now they come as option.
I am suprised window frame that can be in chrome or black ruber is not offered as glossy black like on Superb Sporti Line.

I spoke with someone at skoda who confirmed that indeed the rails are included in the plus package. My dealer says he was aware of this and was going to tell me when he had the confirmed build date.i have to agree with freakcrab the configurator isn't consistent. But we got there in the end

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, p5stokes said:

I spoke with someone at skoda who confirmed that indeed the rails are included in the plus package. My dealer says he was aware of this and was going to tell me when he had the confirmed build date.i have to agree with freakcrab the configurator isn't consistent. But we got there in the end

Makes me think the dealer was aware of it but if you hadn't asked he might not have been. 

You get my drift............

16 minutes ago, p5stokes said:

wouldnt have surprised me if I never checked he would have still tried to charge me the £60 AG!!

Glad you have got it sorted, I'm just amazed how much Car sales personal don't know about the product they are selling.

What do they do on training days ?

On Drive the Deal and CarWow the £60 for GLOSS black roof rails is added into the black pack cost. It's a mad situation. The black pack includes matt bars but you can't order it without the gloss?

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 17:53, Auric Goldfinger said:

Glad you have got it sorted, I'm just amazed how much Car sales personal don't know about the product they are selling.

What do they do on training days ?

Agreed. I originally approached my local dealer (they've got three or four dealerships) and they weren't much use, particularly as I wanted to lease the vehicle rather than own it outright. They kept trying to sell me nearly-new Octavias and it wasn't until I went to the head office dealership (60 miles away) that I got any sense out of them.

My worst experience, however, was with Hyundai when I was reducing my shortlist. It originally contained 5 vehicles: Hyundai Tucson, VW Golf GTD, Seat Leon FR, Octavia VRS & VW Tiguan R Line. To cut a long story short I popped into the Hyundai dealer and wanted to drive a Tucson and talk prices. The guy was really rude and basically told me to "come back when you've decided that the Tucson is for you, then we won't waste each other's time"!

I put a complaint in to Hyundai UK within 24 hours.

18 hours ago, juan27 said:

On Drive the Deal and CarWow the £60 for GLOSS black roof rails is added into the black pack cost. It's a mad situation. The black pack includes matt bars but you can't order it without the gloss?

The black pack doesn't specifically include matt black bars. matt bars are standard no cost fitment  unless specified otherwise

45 minutes ago, carrock said:

The black pack doesn't specifically include matt black bars. matt bars are standard no cost fitment  unless specified otherwise

Fair point well made.

I think what I was trying to get across is that you would have black bars by default but the black pack can't be had without glossy bars at extra cost. 

I guess its just like budget airlines throwing in a bunch of extra charges on the last page before booking.

Edited by juan27