Ambient lighting

1 hour ago, tigermad said:

Does the footwell lighting match the other lighting strips? Havent had a good look in my L&K but I thought they looked white and my strips are red at the moment. Could be wrong though.

No, it's a crisp white LED only.  You can change the intensity/level but not the colour. 

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:30, penguin17 said:

On the Columbus:

Car (hard button) >> Settings (screen button) >> Background Lighting

From there you can select the colour of the LED strip and also the level of footwell lighting.

Regarding the above....I do not seem to have the option on my screen for "Background lighting"

Could this require a software upgrade or something? The ambient strip lighting definitely works as its red once the lights are on in the evening...but I do not have the option to change this.

See attached picture of options I only have when I press the CAR button...then the SETTINGS button..

Any ideas???!!!

Light 2.jpg

Light 3.jpg

Is that a Columbus head unit?  

I've just been out to my car and rechecked and it's defo the menu location on my Sportline.  I recall other posts from Ireland based Briskodians that stated the Sportline spec wasn't the same as it is over the water.  KESSY and a built in alarm are some of the differences I recall.  Perhaps it's not available on yours? 

Just went out and had a look...No option under the "LIGHT" setting.

it should be available here in Ireland...The strip is definitely there and lights up red at night....and it was also advertised on the Irish Skoda website as been available on the Sportline.

A trip to the dealer after work I think...although I'm fairly sure they won't have a clue!!

So it is a sportline... ? i am guessing that in sportline it is only red for design purposes but you should have known this from the begining they shoud have told you... hope it can be "repaired" through an update ... the strip is there 

12 hours ago, Jaytip said:

My DIY ambient lighting.

image.jpeg

Reminds me of a night club i used to go to ;)

Edited by Bud

The ambient lighting is my non-driving wife's favourite feature, and believe me we've tried all eight colours. She likes the red, which I find a bit troubling. I find the blue a bit more calming. She can't work out the navigation, so it's stayed on a low intensity blue. 

I wish I could dim the instrument lighting more, which at night is quite bright at its lowest setting. I like it dark in the car so I can concentrate on what's outside.

Real first-world problems...

On 19/04/2017 at 15:48, MrB1 said:

Just went out and had a look...No option under the "LIGHT" setting.

it should be available here in Ireland...The strip is definitely there and lights up red at night....and it was also advertised on the Irish Skoda website as been available on the Sportline.

A trip to the dealer after work I think...although I'm fairly sure they won't have a clue!!

Did you get this sorted?

On 23/04/2017 at 10:19, freelunch said:

I wish I could dim the instrument lighting more, which at night is quite bright at its lowest setting. I like it dark in the car so I can concentrate on what's outside.

Same here, I only found out the other day, by mistake, that you can switch the Columbus screen off.

2 hours ago, Coops said:

Same here, I only found out the other day, by mistake, that you can switch the Columbus screen off.

And how did you do that? And, is it easy to turn on and off?

16 minutes ago, freelunch said:

And how did you do that? And, is it easy to turn on and off?

Can't be sure of this method, but the gist is here, my car isn't here so can't double check:

• Menu button
  • Then goto the Cogs symbol
  • Then Screen
  • There should be an option to switch off screen 

After about 10-15 seconds the screen switches off but leaves everything else operating.

Think you then have to press a button to switch it all back on.

Found it by accident

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Coops said:

Did you get this sorted?

This is still not sorted...called to the dealer...but he didn't know much about it...so at the moment I do not have the option to change the colours on the strip lighting

3 minutes ago, MrB1 said:

This is still not sorted...called to the dealer...but he didn't know much about it...so at the moment I do not have the option to change the colours on the strip lighting

Do you have lights round all the doors (front and rear doors) plus across the dashboard?

23 minutes ago, MrB1 said:

Yes...I have the strip on all doors and across the dash. Currently it's red at night

OK.

If there is nothing in the Columbus menus, especially under Personalisation, then it would need the dealer to check?

The Irish spec confirms that the Sportline gets ambient lighting in 10 ten colours.