How to swap out a steering wheel?

Hey guys, I have the basic two "arm" (forgot the word for it) steering wheel in my car, and obviously that's the one without an airbag. I would like to swap that one out and get the four arm steering wheel with the airbag. 

My question is can someone tell me a step by step process on how to take off the Felicia steering wheel? 

Thank you.

47b8423a39d39.jpg

90374_b_21f7c721ebebf7a7bcc8ddba9aabaa39.jpg

You can get that shape of wheel without an airbag if that's what you want but you maybe want the airbag.

Anyway, if I'm honest I don't really know how to remove the centre from the two spoke wheel. It might just pop out with a trim tool or there will be a couple of holes in the back of it to put a screwdriver in to pop it out. You might need to remove the cowl around the column to give yourself a bit more room. Once you have the centre out, it is just a bolt holding the main body of the wheel on.

Hope this helps you.

21 hours ago, BaronGlory said:

My question is can someone tell me a step by step process on how to take off the Felicia steering wheel? 

Are you sure that is everything you want to know?

1 hour ago, RicardoM said:

Are you sure that is everything you want to know?

Yes :) I want the airbag for more safety. I think every car should have an airbag. 

There is a lot more to having the air bag than just changing the steering wheel - you need to have all the other bits and if it isn't fitted professionally you could have the danger of it going off when it isn't meant to.

Also cars with airbags have seat belts that automatically tighten on impact as well (forgotten what they are called) but without these an airbag could be dangerous in a crash - does your car have these seat belts fitted?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BaronGlory said:

Yes :) I want the airbag for more safety. I think every car should have an airbag. 

Fitting that steering wheel won't give you an airbag,it won't work without the rest of the parts,more to it that just fitting the wheel 

BaronGlory

You asked specifically only for taking off the steering wheel. In case you still don't realize what you asked, I explain it to you. You only asked for how to remove the existing steering wheel. I asked you about it (for good reason, that is why other members try to wake you up) yet you didn't get it.

Let me tell you this. If you don't know how to take yourself off the existing steering wheel, I don't see you installing an airbag. Other members warned you that you could end up with a bloody face or worse. I'd say let a professional do it.

36 minutes ago, RicardoM said:

BaronGlory

You asked specifically only for taking off the steering wheel. In case you still don't realize what you asked, I explain it to you. You only asked for how to remove the existing steering wheel. I asked you about it (for good reason, that is why other members try to wake you up) yet you didn't get it.

Let me tell you this. If you don't know how to take yourself off the existing steering wheel, I don't see you installing an airbag. Other members warned you that you could end up with a bloody face or worse. I'd say let a professional do it.

I don't think im going to install it myself, and yes I'm looking at a steering with an airbag along with the sensor and controller box to go along with it :) Don't worry even if I was going to do it myself I would unplug the battery and I was also offered the self pulling seat belt to push you back against the seat, but I don't think I need that.

7 hours ago, graphite58 said:

Also cars with airbags have seat belts that automatically tighten on impact as well (forgotten what they are called) but without these an airbag could be dangerous in a crash - does your car have these seat belts fitted?

Seatbelt pre-tensioners I believe.

• Like 1