Air Con Help!

Hi All,

Hope you can help please. I have a 56 plate vrs with climatronic control. Can someone please tell me how they get the air con to work on your own vehicle? Just wanted to make sure I am doing things right lol... My car did have an air con problem which was rectified towards the end of last year from where I purchased the car from. The company fitted a new compressor as they found the old one was faulty. Of course not really needing the air con at that time of year I assumed all was well.....

Thanks in advance

Mine used to freeze your bits off, but over time it ran low, so I had it re gassed. No where as good as it used to be,  just cold now, I did like the cold fresh air.

Thanks again. Yeah mine feels the same, cold but not that cold. Perhaps I will just get it checked to make sure anyway. Mine did feel cooler when it was first repaired a few months ago.

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 23:34, GrahamJH said:

Thanks again. Yeah mine feels the same, cold but not that cold. Perhaps I will just get it checked to make sure anyway. Mine did feel cooler when it was first repaired a few months ago.

Is the car not still under any warranty?.........

If not, is the 'work done' under any type of warranty?...........The replaced part should be, at least..........

Yes I hope so. Am in the process of trying to get it looked at with the garage where I purchased the car from...... The only problem with that is they're not on my doorstep so to speak. They replaced the compressor towards the end of last year. Hopefully this time it will get sorted.

Also check the liquid system (Freon) if it has lost any quantity it may be a possibility then for not cooling enough..

And of course try to see the warranty of the part as the compressor is not cheap enough...

Freon is a gas not a liquid, if the aircon has not been used over the winter it will loose the gas over time so will feel less cold,Many people get aircon/climate control usage wrong; the aircon function can be used all year round not just in the summer, its brilliant for demisting the car and keeping it demisted, and by doing this it stops the system from losing the gas, and keep the whole system in working order.

AC will also make manual aircon work the same as climate control, just set the temp anywhere in the red bit of the dial and it will stay at that setting, won't get hotter or colder.

If you don't use the aircon in the winter then you should use it for 10 minutes for at least once a week to keep the gas circulated around the system.

I've got a 58 Octavia with Climatronic and I've noticed that when I first put the dial onto LO setting for some nice cold, conditioned air flow I get a mildly cooled flow for a few minutes then it suddenly starts flowing at what feels like a chilled temperature. Not as cold as I would of thought but definitely not just cool air as in a non air con car. I was wondering if maybe the system needs re-gassing but wasn't sure? Is this the case with yours too GrahamJH