Mk III - 2.0 TDI Elegance Combi - Lava Blue

raystaggs

Picked this up at the weekend to replace my Passat V6 TDI Wagon (eventually - I still want to keep it!!!)

20170409_091016_zpszrus3bh9.jpg

Terrible phone pic in the early morning sun.

It has all the toys that the Passat has, Sat Nav, rear parking sensors, heated front leather and alcantara, front fogs and crucially Xenons (a must for me) and a few more.  First impressions are very good, goes well, handles well (way better than anticipated), great MPG (the one area where the Passat was never going to compete!), the colour is growing on me, but ideally I'd have gone for dark grey (metal grey - like all those VRS's you see about!).  But a 2.0 TDI manual elegance estate with Xenons within my budget was pretty hard to find... so I'm just pleased it's a dark colour - definitely a greeny tint to it in the sun though...

Edited by raystaggs

Rubber mats ordered.

It seems after a bit of research on here that it's Petrol/Lava Blue rather than Pacific blue...

Here's the grid...

20170410_134239_zpsehchrrux.jpg

For the moment at least...

Edited by raystaggs

• ColinD changed the title to Mk III - 2.0 TDI Elegance Combi - Lava Blue
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Leaky shocks 3 out of 4 so I'm looking for options on price over OEM for next weeks service...

Could stick to OEM but pricey, perhaps there's a good aftermarket alternative?

Or  - I could get a lowering kit - but I'm confused as to what set-up the car has 50/55mm front ARB ++

40mm would be the max drop,

Recommendations please...

Cheers,

Ryan

Have some crap phone pics of it on it's new boots...

AwMr7MNZZ5qqqHGDDiM_cvFnoTq-V1UEGrhzD5yM

_P4AbNpdaYMmPBaHzidVcYKD2JN5buRWY_DeHrFm

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t suppose you’d be interested in a set of coilovers? I reckon it would look really good on a set, selling my set even though they have only done 1000 miles 

Edited by T00mm

• 2 weeks later...