Engine cutting out

Hello everybody,

I am new to the world of Skoda and indeed to this forum and I look forward to engaging with, and contributing to discussions.

Anyway, I recently acquired a Skoda Superb Combi (L & K model with the diesel 170 bhp engine and DSG box) which I love.  The car is equipped with the kessy system. I have started to notice that the car sometimes (not always) cuts out immediately after starting (up to three or four times on some accasions before it stays running).  I don't recall the problem occurring in the morning and this suggests that the problem is more acute when the engine is warm.  This however, might just be my perception.

I'd be interested to know whether others have experienced similar problems, and if so, are they easily fixed.

Any help appreciated.

J    

1 hour ago, Johnosul said:

Thanks skippy41 for the suggestion.  Fuel filter has been changed so this is not the problem.

Was the fuel filter changed before of after the problem? 

If replaced badly or fuel filter housing damaged this can cause problems (air ingress, diesel leaks) - check carefully 

If all oK - look at the lifter pump next would be my advice - any codes logged?

Edited by bigjohn

Thanks bigjohn.  The problem was there before and after the fuel filter was changed.  Interestingly, the car has never failed to restart when in start/ stop mode. If I was a betting man, I would think the problem might like with the start/ stop button. My concern is that a time will be reached when it not just start!

No faults were logged when recently serviced - this as a dealer service and the issue with the cutting out was there prior to this service.

Regards,

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2017 at 18:36, skippy41 said:

Have you tried turning off the stop start with the button next to the gear shift, to see if it makes any difference

Thanks skippy41.  I hadn't tried this.  I think the default position when starting the car is that this is no.  It can be switched off when the car is furring for sure but I'm not sure that the car can be started with this off?

On 29/04/2017 at 22:06, Hoverurb said:

This isn't a fuel poblem, I've seen it happen with a bad battery. 

The battery fine.  When you say bad battery, are we talking about a low voltage.  I can check this.

Not 100% sure what was going on but I did have a weak battery (low voltage) any time it happened. I've not had the problem since I fitted a new battery.