USB Port

I have just taken delivery of my Monte Carlo and love it to bits. However when I plug in my phone to Apple CarPlay it means I can't listen to the music on my phone. I've tried putting my music on a memory stick.....but obviously with only one USB port I can't use that when using my maps from my phone.

Would a USB splitter work in the car?

Any advice gratefully received.........for now if I'm using my maps via CarPlay as my satnav I'm limited to listening to the radio only.

Not sure about the monticarlo but my Fabia Mk111 has an SD card slot in the glove compartment on the top right hand side for music. If you have Skoda advises using full size card and not the micro size

30 minutes ago, Foxyflug said:

No SD card slot in the glove compartment...............

Hmmm... I have a MK III Monte and it has an SD card slot in the glove box - have a 64 GB card in and play all my music from there, even supports album art.

The question is what is the radio - Bolero and Amundsen have SD slot in glove box while other units (Swing and Blues) don't. But as Foxyflug writes about using Apple CarPlay then it must be either Bolero or Amundsen as only these two units support Apple CarPlay.

I suggest to read infotainment manual - see below picture taken directly from Bolera and Amundsen manual.

Fabia_III_SD_slot.png

Well done! Another thumbs up for the forums :biggrin:

Edited by RickW
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/04/2017 at 15:44, pab567 said:

see below picture taken directly from Bolera and Amundsen manual.

Fabia_III_SD_slot.png

Brilliant picture. I looked earlier from the drivers seat and couldn't see an SD slot.

Just been out in the dark at 23:45 to check as I wouldn't sleep, and there it was!!

• Like 1

On 18 April 2017 at 15:31, H4tter said:

Hmmm... I have a MK III Monte and it has an SD card slot in the glove box - have a 64 GB card in and play all my music from there, even supports album art.

H4tter, how did you get your music, incl artwork etc, onto the SD card? I have another thread asking this question and on Malcster is offering ay help...gentleman that he is.

1 hour ago, alltorque said:

H4tter, how did you get your music, incl artwork etc, onto the SD card? I have another thread asking this question and on Malcster is offering ay help...gentleman that he is.

I just used a laptop and dragged and dropped MP3 albums in folders to the SD card.

Most had the metadata which included the album art - however I used MP3Tag software to add any missing artwork.