MOT lights fail - help!

Hi, my 2010 FL VRS has just failed its MOT on 'both front position lights' failed.

I removed one headlight, removed the rubber cover ('B' in the car handbook) and found a blown bulb which I replaced.

However, with the light switch at the 'sidelight' position, i.e. the middle switch position, the DRLs dim but no other lights come on.  At the second position, the dipped main beams come on (the light build that I replaced)

I have looked at both 'park light' bulbs - the deeply recessed ones - and they look fine, but don't switch on in any circumstances.....

Suggestions?

When you put on the Sidelights / Position Lights are the rear Sidelights / Position lights coming on?

A MOT Examiner failed my Mk2 Fabia vRS because the sidelights were not operating, as when he put on the sidelights the DRL's were dimming, as they should because they are the Sidelights.

He even went into the headlights to remove the Blue Dummy Bulbs that Skoda fitted before calling me and saying i had a fault.

They work as they should. 

Take it back and point out to the tester that the DRL's work as the position lights and the bulbs fitted aren't actually connected (the headlights are the same across the range and the bulbs work on models without DRL's. 

Tell your MOT tester to read his special notices as it is covered on them, the vag group are not the only manufacture who do this, BMW, FIAT, CITROEN etc all use the same idea. I know from experience as i a MOT tester and have nearly been caught out myself, but i read the special notices that DVSA (was VOSA) send us on our MOT computer system.