Squeaks, rattles and rolls

Being an anal old sod I can't stand trim noises inside the cabin. Bloody dream car has all sorts of niggly little noises - people keep saying - "it's normal with cars, ignore it, yadda, yadda, yadda", well bugger em, I bloody hate noises!! :P

Anyway, besides attacking every screw with a screwdriver - anyone got any tried and tested methods for identifying and eradicating such poxy, irritating squeaks, rubbing, vibrations, rattles etc?

Skoda dealer told me to spray silicone in problem areas...?

Any thoughts mateys?

You are not alone in the annoying rattles.

On mine the glove compartment rattles like crazy over poor road surfaces and the drivers side door lock makes an annoying buzzing sound at times.

Other rattles and squeaks that seem to plague the Octavia can come from the rear anti-roll bar drop links and the radiator mounts (whether these would be heard in the cabin is another matter though)

When I can be ar53d I'll get round to attempting to fix these rattles and squeaks in my car but until then - I just turn the stereo up loud and keep the revs high ;)

I was trying to find a rattle comming from the back for ages, finally remember to WD40 both the latches on the rear folding seats Bingo!

Still can get rid of the sqeak from the arm rest though, that seems to be a factory fitted sqeak!

I've got probably the same onnoying squeeky rattle as you have coming from the centre arm rest - it's a right irritation! If you hold it back with your elbow it goes away though.

The arm rest squeak on mine was down to rubber pips rubbing on the underside of the armrest. Put my arm on it and it went away...Vaseline on the rubber pips is a temp fix too. I've used felt pads stuct to the underside of the armrest so that the rubber pips locate on them. Bingo!...Peace at last!!!!!!