Worried about buying a 2010 Fabia VRS!!

Forget the changing spark plug gaps to 0.6mm, that has saved no engines, not all use oil maybe just less, and the window switch is not a vRS issue but a Mk2 Fabia door loom issue.

Changing spark plugs at 5,000-10,000 miles because you need to just shows that the cars engine management is wrong, or the engine is a bad one.

There are or were faults in Design and manufacturing of some engines from 2010-2012, and then some later.

Plenty good ones around. Feed them Super Unleaded, Good oil at oil changes, and filters and a remap if you have a good CAVE engine.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

Forget the changing spark plug gaps to 0.6mm, that has saved no engines, not all use oil maybe just less, and the window switch is not a vRS issue but a Mk2 Fabia door loom issue.

Changing spark plugs at 5,000-10,000 miles because you need to just shows that the cars engine management is wrong, or the engine is a bad one.

There are or were faults in Design and manufacturing of some engines from 2010-2012, and then some later.

Plenty good ones around. Feed them Super Unleaded, Good oil at oil changes, and filters and a remap if you have a good CAVE engine.

"Forget the changing spark plug gaps to 0.6mm, that has saved no engines" are you the engine expert??? do you go to every garage worldwide every time a twin charger fails and assess it? , you actually really rile me up all you comment is the same stuff and all it seems to be is little snide digs at VW and other members when they comment on something you don't agree on 

Edited by thomasaspin

7 minutes ago, thomasaspin said:

"Forget the changing spark plug gaps to 0.6mm, that has saved no engines" are you the engine expert??? do you go to every garage worldwide every time a twin charger fails and assess it? , you actually really rile me up all you comment is the same stuff and all it seems to be is little snide digs at VW and other members when they comment on something you don't agree on 

calm down.

facts are the failure rate in these engines is horrific.

the most sensible advice for an ageing car out of warranty is to avoid,but its his money.

thomasaspin,

i have been getting the low down and numbers on failures and replacements for over 3 years.

Is this 0.6mm gap stuff from the Bluespark guys and the online posts or is some Tech or tuner advising you.?

If you think it is snide remarks then fair enough, it is more trying to be sure someonew does not ruin an engine with duff gen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heavyhand85 said:

Well that's good news cos after everyone's help in here re: CAVE engines and how vastly over priced the one was I was looking at, I'm now going to look at a 2014 Fabia this weekend. 1k over budget but the p/x for mine and hopefully some haggling should soften the blow if I choose to go ahead.

From my experience the 14plate Fabia is definitely the way to go,I've had mine for 3years from new and it's never used a drop of oil so much so that I've stopped checking it now compared to my previous 11plate cave which I also had from new but had to keep topping up the oil every couple of thousand mile and had to replace spark plugs and fuel pump after 16k

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

Yeah defo a door loom issue....!

My reason for changing the plugs at 5-6k is purely a personal preference probably through paranoia! 

The last set was in 11k and they were fine when they came out, I just tried some NGK this time to see the diffence, if any from the Denso I had in.

Due to come out in about 1k and I'll see how they have faired.

Here is a prime example of the door loom issue too....getting fixed on Saturday.

IMG_2722.JPG

• 1 month later...