Worried about buying a 2010 Fabia VRS!!

4 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

A litres every 1,000 miles. That really is not good.

Have you put in 5w 40 FS Oil and seen if that makes any difference.

Lol that's good mate compared to my old MINI Cooper S which drank a litre every 200 miles or so pmsl.

If you like the car and it drives well then I say go for it as your getting 1years warranty so if you have problems then your covered.  If you can stretch your budget though I'd definitely look at getting one of the last cthe cars as my 14plate is fantastic, it doesn't use any oil and has been pretty much trouble free in the 3years I've had it.  It also feels quicker then my old 11plate cave that I traded it in for too :biggrin:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Heavyhand85 said:

When you say crap fuel do you just mean standard unleaded? I tend to always fill up (diesel on current car) at Esso cos it's conveniently on my way to work.

No I put standard in it once just to try it. Car didn't like it. Next day limp mode engine warning light. Other than that only ever used V-Power nitro. Car loves it.

Edited by TopRavr
None

13 minutes ago, pee81 said:

If you like the car and it drives well then I say go for it as your getting 1years warranty so if you have problems then your covered.  If you can stretch your budget though I'd definitely look at getting one of the last cthe cars as my 14plate is fantastic, it doesn't use any oil and has been pretty much trouble free in the 3years I've had it.  It also feels quicker then my old 11plate cave that I traded it in for too :biggrin:

Hard to come by those 14 plates. 

Edited by TopRavr

1 minute ago, Awayoffski said:

2 Years ago there were Dealers trying to get Demonstrators sold with under 3,000 miles for less than £12,000.

What do you want to spend on one?

Ideally no more than 8k really. The one I'm interested in is 7.5k and they've agreed to drop to 7.2k so far.

For good ones i would travel the length of the country, and you sometimes have to.

Just do the research before doing so though.

Probably the biggest bargain is in the Briskoda Cars for sale now.

Wardy is selling a Red vRS Estate for 'much cheapness' warranty and all.

Beautiful & @ £7,250....

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Heavyhand85 said:

Ideally no more than 8k really. The one I'm interested in is 7.5k and they've agreed to drop to 7.2k so far.

That's what i paid for mine in sept 2015 at 53000. Sadly now book price stands it at 4.7k private 3.5k trade. Just to give you an idea on the depreciation side of things.

1 minute ago, TopRavr said:

That's what i paid for mine in sept 2015 at 53000. Sadly now book price stands it at 4.7k private 3.5k trade. Just to give you an idea on the depreciation side of things.

i bought mine in 2014 for 8K with 36,000 miles on the clock steal! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awayoffski said:

£7,200 for a 2010?

What miles on it, and can you say where it is or the REG Number and i will have a nosy @ the MOT history and maybe the Service & Warranty history if i can...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704054098077?atmobcid=soc3

That's the advert. I'll be driving past tomorrow to try and get the plate.

• Like 1

£2,000 more than you need to pay. Their wish and dream.

I wonder how much of the description that they use from Skoda list of possibles the car has fitted.

They never had a Limited Slip Diff, but we just accept them saying that rather than XDS / EDL.

(keeping 'Sprint Yellow' along with paint options are lazy salespeople.)

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

£2,000 more than you need to pay. Their wish and dream.

I wonder how much of the description that they use from Skoda list of possibles the car has fitted.

They never had a Limited Slip Diff, but we just accept them saying that rather than XDS / LSD.

(keeping 'Sprint Yellow' along with paint options are lazy salespeople.)

I noticed that too, I presume that's cos they have a yellow 11 plate for 8.5k. Didn't realise it was that over priced though! I know Skoda dealers would be more but not by that margin. Think I'll start looking elsewhere.

Out of curiosity do the Seat Ibiza and VW Polo have the exact same engine?

• Like 1

Worth more, but you do not need to pay more as not like hens teeth, and just because they paid too much for a car, or want a quick high profit does not mean they get that.

PS.

We cross posted.

Lots of Skoda Main Dealers will not have a over 3 year old Twincharger in their sales stock.

If it was £6,000 i would want a 2 Year Skoda Extended Warranty on that car.

Edited by Awayoffski

First Registered in Scotland.

Best go look and see what they will really sell it for. What it drives like, warranty or servicing but hopefully that is all correct.

170 miles from you is asking £7,500 for a 14 plate with more miles,

so its all a matter of what suits you,

but Skoda Approved Used car, and be sure it had a Major Service before you collect, even if at only like 33,000 miles,

new Spark Plugs fitted and a 12 month Warranty counts for much.

What you want doing really.

Edited by Awayoffski

2 hours ago, Heavyhand85 said:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704054098077?atmobcid=soc3

That's the advert. I'll be driving past tomorrow to try and get the plate.

Nice one same spec as mine. If you are planning to have a look at the car at some point be sure to check the tailgate where the number plate lights sit. Mine had corroded and didn't notice until after.

Skoda replaced the tailgate last August under the corrosion warranty. Customer services very good in this respect but it was a hassle i could of done without. And the VW paint shop didn't exactly do the best of jobs. Shabby in places and needing a respray.