Sportline estate - recommended extras/colours?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm new to the forum! I am lucky enough to be able to order the Sportline estate without many financial constraints due to the benefit of being in the forces and based abroad with the 'tax free' offers. 

For those that have had the car a while now what extras are you glad you added or what extras do you wish you had or hadnt added? Just messing about on the configuration.  Very excited to place the order! 

Hi, welcome :)

I've got the Sportline hatch; I was initially considering the estate/combi coming from a Leon ST but after seeing the size and practicality of the hatch I decided I didn't need the estate (on back to back test drives I also found the estate suffered with more road noise, but that's probably true of most hatch/saloons vs their estate counterparts)

Things I spec'd on mine:

* Heated windscreen - obviously depends on where you live/store the car but I do 0500 starts so not having to scrape the screen is a bonus.  For Germany I'd say a good one to consider

* Heated washer nozzles - same as above

* Canton sound system - I spend 2-3 hrs per day in the car so spec'd this.  I had a play around in the dealership and thought it sounded noticeably better than the standard unit.

* Traffic Sign Recognition - cheapest way to get the A5/forward facing camera (£85) which then allows you to have other options (High Beam Assist and Lane Assist) enabled via VCDS

* Temporary spare wheel - a no brainer IMO

* Electric tailgate - the hatch opens high and is pretty heavy.  I have the onset of arthritis in my shoulder so this was a luxury that I'm now glad I went for

* Heated front seats - again nice for early starts but I've found the alcantara doesn't feel as cold as leather so I probs wouldn't spec this again but still nice when it's around 0 0º C

* Front parking sensors - the Superb is a big old car and I think these should be standard.  I defo wouldn't like to park without them

I thought about the rear view camera but after a good test drive and various parking tests I found the visibility of the hatch was fine.  The estate wasn't as good so a camera might be a good idea but down to personal preference

Hope this helps. 

FWIW - I'm just about to tick over onto 3k miles in 2 months ownership and I'm very very pleased with the car so far. 

Edited by penguin17

25 minutes ago, Jaytip said:

Can't help with options but I saw this one at White Dove and it really caught my eye. Quartz Grey.

image.jpeg

I think that's Business Grey.  I have the same colour.  Suits the black trim on the Sportline but I'm biased :D

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I think that's Business Grey.  I have the same colour.  Suits the black trim on the Sportline but I'm biased :D

Is it? The salesman told me it was quartz grey. Shows how much they know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SassA said:

I am lucky enough to be able to order the Sportline estate without many financial constraints due to the benefit of being in the forces and based abroad with the 'tax free' offers.

Given what you do and the sacrifices you make, I'd say you deserve every perk you get. Hat tip to you - enjoy yourself and add every bl**dy option available!! :biggrin:

4 hours ago, SassA said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm new to the forum! I am lucky enough to be able to order the Sportline estate without many financial constraints due to the benefit of being in the forces and based abroad with the 'tax free' offers. 

For those that have had the car a while now what extras are you glad you added or what extras do you wish you had or hadnt added? Just messing about on the configuration.  Very excited to place the order! 

I chose the L&K based on a good deal price so got a lot of the nice toys as std.  Added a spare wheel as I personally see it as a great folly to save a little weight but add risk of being stuck after a puncture.

Given the discussion on here about retrofitting the tow bar, i think the factory fitted and coded option makes great sense.

Thanks so much everyone! We saw the 19" Phoenix alloys in black on the sportline models out here and UK Skoda have said they aren't a option sadly. :crying:

We are still undecided on the colour but thinking of Moonwhite or business grey. 

Options wise we are certain on the sunroof, canton sound system, parking camera as my wife managed to reverse into a bollard lastyear and electrically operated boot and spare wheel. 

We will go for the 150 2wd in diesel as the cost of petrol over here is a lot higher! Has anyone bothered with the extended warranty and service plans? 

Thanks

• Like 1

15 hours ago, penguin17 said:

* Heated windscreen - obviously depends on where you live/store the car but I do 0500 starts so not having to scrape the screen is a bonus.  For Germany I'd say a good one to consider

guessing in Germany is possible select option "PHD - Auxiliary Heating(Webasto)",

if Yes then avoid "PKV - Heated Windscreen" - few minutes comfort comes with full time problem

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/395894-what-exact-option-kills-gps-signal-reception-under-windscreen/

about color, White!!!

150e Candy White;

300e Laser White; :)

400e Moon White;

1200e Pearl White;

@SassA

I would have expected the available specs to be UK based.  Are you tied to a dealer or have you tried Motorsource, looked after me :thumbup:

Edited by Bud

I specced on my Sportline :

Heated windscreen ( glad i did )

Heated washer nozzles  ( glad i did )

Heated Front seats ( glad i did )

Traffic sign recognition ( for £85 a no brainer & find it useful )

Spare wheel ( a must IMO )

Electric boot opening ( personal preferance )

Rear view camera  ( Not essential on the Hatch IMO )

Rear wiper FOC  ( find it useful )

Colour chosen : Business Grey

As other members have said it is your personal choice really. 7 months in & loving the Sportline. (150 Tdi )

If you are changing the car in 12 months time, keep the options to a minimum and get the Diesel as residuals are usually better; as it's a large car the supplying dealers may recommend DSG gearbox too - ask their advice, but not many cars making money - break even i.e. nil cost to change is a good deal!

Paint (popular colours - whites, black, silver) and spare wheel are musts. Winter pack (heated screen, seats, washer nozzles) are nice to have in Germany when cold. Does the Superb Estate have the net that connects to the roof lining? If so I would recommend this too - especially if you have kids and tend to load up the car on trips to/from uk so you can fully exploit the boot area from floor to ceiling. 

If it's a car that you will keep upon return to UK, spec it how YOU want.

Remember to factor in the cost of winter tyres / wheels on top of the list price - €800-€1200 without Mwst; hopefully there might be a set that someone is selling upon their return to UK. 

Edited by Black_Sheep
  • Like 1