The end is near?

Took advantage during the easter holidays to test drive a few potential replacements for my 2014 octavia estate diesel dsg elegance.

Tried a new octavia 1.4tsi dsg. Works well with the dsg and the new tablet like infotainment system looks up to date and responds well. Not at all like the laggy and cumbersome old amundsen unit.

Kodiaq 2.0 diesel dsg. Nice enough inside but adding options makes them quite expensive. Not the most involving to drive. More like being in command of a large boat.

Superb sportline 2.0 tsi dsg. Really suprised by this. Huge interior, air of upmarket quality inside, decent looks and as quick as the vrs. 

Kia optima sportwagon. Probably not the greatest to drive but totally loaded with kit and for good money. Shame its diesel only.

I wasnt going to opt for another skoda but the superb sportline is seriously a nice place to sit and though not as quick as my boxster may satisfy the petrolhead in me and be able to carry as much luggage and kids as my outgoing Octavia.

33 minutes ago, octavianestate said:

I wasnt going to opt for another skoda but the superb sportline is seriously a nice place to sit and though not as quick as my boxster may satisfy the petrolhead in me and be able to carry as much luggage and kids as my outgoing Octavia.

Not tempted by the Superb 280 4x4 then?

The 280 4x4 sounds great but i have set a budget. The 220ps tsi sportline superb is more than adequate at present. Decently composed on the road and a smooth engine coupled with the dsg. Granted it doesnt deliver the power or the drama the way the porsche does but its a compromise. 

Im sure a few buyers will overlook the vrs now as the superb offers the 280ps engine.