Is this a good deal?

I have been offered (as a deal) a 66 plate (ex managers) skoda superb sportline 220ps in black. 4000 miles.

Extras on the car are:

Heated front seats

Power tailgate

Sunroof

Car is £24995. Offered £7100 for my PX and also 3 year service plan thrown in.

What do owners think of this offer?

Thanks

I only asked because they have one on Autotrader and it's caught my eye a few times:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703042908490?aggregatedTrim=SportLine&model=SUPERB&make=SKODA&maximum-mileage=5000&sort=sponsored&fuel-type=Petrol&postcode=ts148ah&radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

Should make for a good comparison with what you've been offered (?)

It's a very nice looking car in black and unlike a few other ex-demo's/manager cars they've ticked a few options too.  Going rate seems to be £24-25K for ex-demo 220's at the mo.   Perhaps you may be able to get an extra few hundred off but maybe the dealer will counter by saying they service plan equates to that anyway.  If you can afford it then I think it's a good deal, personally.  It all depends on what the car 'owes' that dealer as to what haggle room you have.   You might look on Auto Trader next month and spot the same car for £23k but could easy see it for £26k with a different dealer, bit of a lotto and sometimes advertised used prices make little sense when comparing like-for-like across the country.  

I'm really impressed with my Sportline so far.  The cabin is well finished and it's just a nice place to be, which my wife and kids agree on too.  It's also a handsome car too IMO.  Great for mile munching and also a bit of fun on a twisty b road.  For a big car that's not spine jarring it's very well composed and weighted.  Even in derv guise, it's very refined.  I've changed my contract at work recently so have now halved my annual mileage, if I knew this when I ordered mine then I would have gone for a 220 or even the 280 if funds allowed.  

@freelunch has a 220 and can let you know what the engine is like in the Sportline.  He also got a good deal on an ex-demo so should be able to comment on that too.  Calling freelunch to checkout 3, freelunch to checkout 3 please :D

Edited by penguin17

Sticker price looks inn the right range....

It all comes down to what the cost to change is... You say £7100 for your px.. Is that a good market rate or a few £k less ?? 

Rather than pushing the sticker price down look to push more from the px if possible.

35 minutes ago, RickTT said:

>snip<

Rather than pushing the sticker price down look to push more from the px if possible.

'Cost to change' is what really counts I suppose, it's all swings and roudabouts.

Get more for your trade in and you just get less of a discount on what your buying. :(

I have recently swapped from a 190 SE L Exec Hatch to a 280 and while hunting around, consuming Auto Trader daily (the Skoda Used Cars web pages is not the best, IMHO), I was offered some startling discounts. There's a 280 Hatch still for sale at £29,999 at the moment and I was offered £27k to clear it off their books, with a PX on my Superb that was £2k above other offers.

Perhaps squeeze them a little?

There are a lot of cars out there that are not shifting.

• Like 1