What's this part called & part no:

Hi guys

I was cleaning under my bonnet the other day & noticed on the left side (as you look at the engine) I'm missing what looks like a black sponge material, I don't know what the part is called or even if there is a part no: to source this! As it does look like it just sticks down (I think it either adds bonnet protection when closed or it stops all the water or crap running down when the bonnet is open) I've attached a few pictures if anyone can shed any light (red circle)

Thanks

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0267.JPG

Scrap yard might be a good place to look. 

Is there a small hole where it should go ? do they fit like a gromit or are they glued, mine feels quite solid but there is a bit of movement  ( Didn't try to hard, don't want to dislodge it )

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Scrap yard might be a good place to look

:blink: There is a few scrap yards near me, I suppose any one of them "bungs" from any model Octavia should be the same fitment! Worth a try I guess, never know, I might be lucky :)

1 minute ago, BATVANVRS said:

:blink: There is a few scrap yards near me, I suppose any one of them "bungs" from any model Octavia should be the same fitment! Worth a try I guess, never know, I might be lucky :)

Don't forget to pocket a spare, 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Don't forget to pocket a spare, 

I wish I could but the two scrappy's near me don't let the public go into the yard areas anymore! (Maybe health & safety) It's been like that for a while now, you have to go to the reception area, tell them what you want & they radio down to the guys & they then come to the reception with your part.

It's outrageous. When I used to fix my Mini years ago, it was accepted you wedged yourself between two visibility teetering stacks to get what you needed, plus the five fingered discount on some trim.

Health and safety and Crime prevention gone mad I tell you.

• Like 1

Thanks for this post. My NSF one is missing and my local dealer said they will get it ordered, but I am still waiting. I was wondering if there was a part number at all for this thing. 

Edited by alladin1616
  • Like 1

One scrap yard was a waste of time, the other scrap yard wanted £5 minimum :blink: & the black sponge was proper dirty so I rang Horton Skoda 01522 508650 http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/ & managed to get 2 delivered for £6.29 there is only 4 in the U.K & I've got 2 of them so if anyone else needs these little black bung sponges for under the bonnet, best to get them ordered from Horton Skoda :thumbup: ask for Matt in the parts department & quote the part number above in aki78 post B) :thumbup:

Edit: Thanks everyone for your help ;) truly appreciated.

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 1