Enabled TSR Again (Australia Specific)

So I re-enabled my Traffic Sign Recognition again over the weekend using OBD11.

I can put up with the default "ding" and error message after about 30 seconds, when starting the car... and the feature IS kinda cool and useful.

Couple of odd symbols I've seen on my display though, that I have no idea what they mean.
Sometimes more than one speed sign will display, sometimes the speed with another odd symbol.
They display perfectly on the satnav, but they overcrowd on top of each other on the maxidot if you have another display for the main screen, and just the symbols on the top header line.

If you select the road signs as main display in maxidot, they show up multiple signs perfectly.

Thoughts on what these obscure symbols mean?

[ PS: apologies, I can't work out how to place pictures inline with the text, they only add as attachments at the bottom of the post.... is this normal? ]

Image TSR (2), TSR (3), TSR (4)

This one obviously means different speeds for different times of day?

I can't remember exactly where this was, but I've only seen it show up once, and I've been through many school and roadworks zones with time-specific speeds, but this doesn't make sense.  Schools would be 40.  No idea where I've driven with a 30 limit that was time-specific.

Image TSR (5) & TSR (6)

This one was around the canal-side upper class areas of Gold Coast.
What's this one?  Causeway?  Boat ramp?  Road prone to Flooding?

Again don't remember seeing the specific sign(s) that the camera recognised these from... I must have been staring at the mansions and massive boats (sorry, yachts), instead of the road !

Image TSR (1):  And NFI what this one indicates !!!

Presumably a 2-lane road, but I can't think of any road sign that may be interpreted to display this symbol?
UNLESS it's the "euro" method of displaying Two Way traffic.
attachment.php?attachmentid=29272&stc=1
Being from a predominantly LHD database, this would make sense, with the red car being the oncoming car on the Left side?

Thoughts?

TSR (1).jpg

TSR (2).jpg

TSR (3).jpg

TSR (4).jpg

TSR (5).jpg

TSR (6).jpg

Edited by spinifex
added pictures

If im reading this right the image you refer to is no overtaking. I get this on mine along a stretch of road with a sharp descent near me. Clearly the other way around in Brisbane. The no overtaking road sign is circular with a red border meaning that it is giving drivers an order. As the no overtaking sign is regulatory, it is illegal to overtake. The no overtaking restriction ends when the lines in the road change from a continuous white line, to a broken line.

https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.9432412,1.1932572,3a,75y,273.45h,76.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sb43J40ug6dZfNTj0JScc4w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Image result

Edited by arnold

Thanks Arnold.  That makes perfect sense.

Strange thing is - we don't have those signs here in Australia.

If there's a no overtaking sign, it's written, not symbol.

Perhaps the TSR database has a link between written signs & symbol signs.....?

2 hours ago, stylo said:

Sorry as an aside - is that the normal running temp for an MK3 RS on a relatively mild 25.5 degree day?

Yep - mine runs around the 105-110 mark most days.

If caning it through the mountains, I think 117 is the max I've noticed before.

Common question, and it's apparently quite normal on these engines.

That day also, was not caning around... very gentle cruising around perving on nice houses and boats!