Yeti ambient Temp Sensor

jonnyboy78

Got home from work this evening and somehow I noticed after dropping a pen on the floor that a sensor was just hanging behind the front grille (next to the front fog light), on closer inspection it looked to have popped out of a round metal bracket.

After visiting here http://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/octavia-mk2/heating_ventilation_air_conditioning_system/heating_air_conditioning/aux._heater/heater_booster/repairing_the_auxiliary_heating/removing_and_installing_ambient_temperature_sensorg17/

It turns out to the the ambient temp sensor, not wanting to remove the front grille and not wanting the sensor to hang there and move about whilst driving,  I got my fingers through the honey comb grille on the Monte Carlo and managed to push it back through the hole after using a few different instruments and techniques, it was not easy in the tight space and I now have cuts all over my hand but its back in place without having to remove the grille.

Anyhow the car is only 4 months old and so far covered just shy of 3500 miles, either I was unlucky or it was never correctly positioned, but it does seem a little flimsy to say the least and the clips poorly made, I will keep an eye and if it causes further problems will get the main dealer to sort.

Anyone else had this problem, or not yet noticed its popped out, only by chance this evening I seen it.

Noticed this when I had the front bumper off. Sensor was sitting somewhat loose in the support. Used a cabletie to secure it. Now I don't have to worry if the sensor will drop out of the support.

10 hours ago, jonnyboy78 said:

Got home from work this evening and somehow I noticed after dropping a pen on the floor that a sensor was just hanging behind the front grille (next to the front fog light), on closer inspection it looked to have popped out of a round metal bracket.

After visiting here http://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/octavia-mk2/heating_ventilation_air_conditioning_system/heating_air_conditioning/aux._heater/heater_booster/repairing_the_auxiliary_heating/removing_and_installing_ambient_temperature_sensorg17/

It turns out to the the ambient temp sensor, not wanting to remove the front grille and not wanting the sensor to hang there and move about whilst driving,  I got my fingers through the honey comb grille on the Monte Carlo and managed to push it back through the hole after using a few different instruments and techniques, it was not easy in the tight space and I now have cuts all over my hand but its back in place without having to remove the grille.

Anyhow the car is only 4 months old and so far covered just shy of 3500 miles, either I was unlucky or it was never correctly positioned, but it does seem a little flimsy to say the least and the clips poorly made, I will keep an eye and if it causes further problems will get the main dealer to sort.

Anyone else had this problem, or not yet noticed its popped out, only by chance this evening I seen it.

Yep - I had exactly the same problem on mine, found the sensor dangling loose.

Was tricky pushing it far enough into the mounting hole that the clips held it in place.

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, Brijo said:

[OT] 175GDY - That looks like serious rubber.  Could you say what?

[More OT] They are Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S 215/60R16. I thought they would be noisy, but actually they are not. The deep tread pattern make them quite soft when new, but as they wear down the steering gets more precise. I seriously considered buying same again, but now the Yeti is up for sale. Replaced by a 2017 Mini Countryman Cooper All4.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikeyd1 said:

Having a hard time trying to get this clipped back on with with hands through the grill any tips?

Any 3-4 year old kid in your family that could help you? :)

38 minutes ago, 175GDY said:

Any 3-4 year old kid in your family that could help you? :)

Lol I need some with long fingers and thin hands. On a serious note tho I can't do it I'll have to pull the grill off but don't know how to do that iver. I need help lol

Edited by Mikeyd1
Mispelled

2 hours ago, 175GDY said:
8 minutes ago, 175GDY said:

I never removed that lower part of the grill. Here you can see what the rear side of the front bumper looks like. Can't tell if the grill can be unclipped from outside.

DSCF2899.JPG

Might try and give it another bash tomorrow. I can't really see how clips out. Lol