Hi all,

First post :)

Loving my 1.8TSI FL Octavia mk2 and looking to get it remapped.

I know this has been discussed a lot but I havent been able to find a answer that has satisfied.

So... the 7sp Auto(dry clutch), will it survive a stage 1 map?

Thanks in advance

Phill

2 hours ago, PhillipAshley said:

Hi all,

First post :)

Loving my 1.8TSI FL Octavia mk2 and looking to get it remapped.

I know this has been discussed a lot but I havent been able to find a answer that has satisfied.

So... the 7sp Auto(dry clutch), will it survive a stage 1 map?

Thanks in advance

Phill

Hi,

That's quite a subjective question because it depends on who remaps it especially in terms of aggressive torque delivery.

I would 'go the extra mile' and contact Richard at Oscarli - Best of the Best

Hi, thanks for your reply,I was looking at shark as there is a dealer up theroad. Website suggests the map will increase it to 330Nm

The reason I ask is that ive heard that this gearbox can only take 250Nm

Edited by PhillipAshley

On 5/7/2017 at 17:10, PhillipAshley said:

Hi, thanks for your reply,I was looking at shark as there is a dealer up theroad. Website suggests the map will increase it to 330Nm

The reason I ask is that ive heard that this gearbox can only take 250Nm

No the DSG7 can handle a lot more its just limits the torque to 250 in 1st & 2nd gear

The VW Group actually produced the 2015 on Polo GTI 1.8TSI 192 PS and gave the Manuals 320Nm and limited the same engines when fitted with the DSG to 250Nm. 

But then the cars have been given officially the same performance & supposedly the same 0.62 mph.  

Odd because the DSG car is supposedly heavier.

Anyway, relevant here,

there are 1.4 TSI / DQ200 DSG Mk2 Fabia vRS, VW Polo GTI, Seat Cupra & Audi A1 (185Ps) remapped to 205-220ps / 320NM without issues.

(there are some standard cars that had Clutch Pack or Mechatronic Control Issues and then some that there is the World Wide Recall / EU Service Campaign to change the synthetic oil to mineral and a DSG Software update.  Service Campaign '34F7'.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 12:10, Awayoffski said:

The VW Group actually produced the 2015 on Polo GTI 1.8TSI 192 PS and gave the Manuals 320Nm and limited the same engines when fitted with the DSG to 250Nm. 

But then the cars have been given officially the same performance & supposedly the same 0.62 mph.  

Odd because the DSG car is supposedly heavier.

Anyway, relevant here,

there are 1.4 TSI / DQ200 DSG Mk2 Fabia vRS, VW Polo GTI, Seat Cupra & Audi A1 (185Ps) remapped to 205-220ps / 320NM without issues.

(there are some standard cars that had Clutch Pack or Mechatronic Control Issues and then some that there is the World Wide Recall / EU Service Campaign to change the synthetic oil to mineral and a DSG Software update.  Service Campaign '34F7'.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

From what I've read the dsg gearboxes are about 20kg heavier than the 6 speed manuals.

Yes i read that as well.

Then you look at the Kerb Weights of certain Vehicles like a Polo GTI 1.8TSI 192 ps which comes in Manual or DSG and the official figures.

So 20kg can be quickly made up in a manual car by a spare wheel fitted as standard & an option in the DSG.

3 door vs 5 door trhat VW give as being 25kg difference.

5 sister cars, VW Polo GTI Twincharger, Seat Ibiza Cupra Twincharger, Audi A1 185ps Twincharger, Skoda Fabia vRS Estate Twincharger, 

& a Skoda Fabia vRS Hatch.

The VW, SEAT & Audi get wider tyres, spare wheel as a option & then the Fabia Mk2 vRS Hatch which is the lightest of the 5 vehicles even with the 20kg spare wheel and tools gets 25kg of ballast put on the rear crash bar making it 5kg kerb weight more than the 9 3/4" Estate version.

THen when you put the VW, Seat or Audoi on the scales you find out the vehicles Kerb Side weight is nothing like the Official Unladen or Kerb Weight and later the Manufacturer changes the Original Official Weights.

Engineering by VW Group, fix the figures.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.

Small point the video reviewer never bothered to find out, the 1.4TSI Twincharger also had the Battery in the boot, so it never happened just  because a 1.8tsi was fitted. (sister cars with the 1.4TSI had the battery in the engine compartment.)

putting 3 door vs 3 door, or 5 door vs 5 door surely was possible for the Auto Express VW fan boys.

They should have weighed the cars, they should always weigh them, and alsao put in the fuel not just accept that the fuel the 'media department' has in is 95 ron, or even 97 or 99.

Edited by Awayoffski

Still waiting for the remap unfortunately due to dealer not paying subscription on the hardware to install the map and apparent lack of communication from shark... I'll be waiting until Revo Technik have a sale, they limit the torque at lower revs in lower gears for the DSG7. thanks for your very informative replies