Skoda Fabia Mk 2 Parcel shelf mounting (boot trim)

Hello All

Its been a while 

Still got the 1.4 TDI now with 82k and running like a well oiled serviced every 5000 miles machine, however perfection has been slightly ruined upon discovering by finding that one of the parcel shelf mounting (black knob) of plastic has fracture from the trim. two repairs later and it wont have it even with Araldite rapid.

Anyone else had the same problem. I have engineered an idea to mod it without sourcing a replacement trim. 

Just wondered if any one else has had the same problem and any fixes they have tried.

thanks Dave

(still trying to decided if I am going to replace it with a Rapid or an Octavia......)

Hi Dave

We have exactly the same issue with our 63 plate reaction. It's a real pain, the right hand side has buckled inwards, I've pulled it back but it's too weak, it won't stay in place. No idea what to do to remedy.....

Rapid or Octavia??  For me, Octavia, all day long. Had my vRS for 6 years, loved it and have another ordered. I've driven other variants and loved them all. Had a Rapid as a holiday rental in Spain, nice car, but space wise, no contest for our family of four. 

J

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in this too, my Wife's Trusty Fabby 1 (Mk II) lost a shelf knob about 3 years ago (overloaded the boot with shopping and the shelf snapped it off) it sits there okay, but it's not stable!!

I tried Araldite, SupaGlue and other fast/strong adhesives, none worked. We've now lost the old knob too!!

Ahaha, must be a common issue as my missis has this issue with her car too. Personally I was going to find a breakers yard and see if I can get a replacement trim part.