Saw a 2nd one today

5 weeks after launch day and at last I saw another Kodiaq out in the real world. I've covered almost a 1,000 miles in mine and done several hundred miles in other vehicles, but not one Kodiaq has been spied on the road. 

No.2 Kodiaq was at my local council dump actually (though I wasn't dropping off junk in my Kodiaq), driven by a lady who said she got it to carry 4 kids.

I didn't linger to check spec or compare details, but I'm glad I went for a grey not black one.

Most cars round these parts are looking filthy dusty after a prolonged (unusual) dry spell and I seem to jet washing cars twice a week (which ain't like me).

I've also seen two around me, however, I'm not counting one of them as it's the sales guy who sold me mine and he lives in the village. So that's an extended showroom model. :D

• 1 month later...

Saw a blue one today not far from home.

That makes 3 now I think. It's a pretty "exclusive" car :-)

I know someone with a new Q5 - in fact I washed it today - and it is very interesting to see the differences between the latest Q5 and my Kodiaq.

Setting aside the £10K (approx) price difference, I played the Top Trumps game and the only things the Q5 has that is better than the Kodiaq is darker windows, twin rear fog lamps and twinkling rear indicators.

The Kodiaq has 7 seats, bigger boot, auto handbrake, folding mirrors, LED headlamps, hot wheel, jukebox, nicer alcantara seats and easier to clean wheels. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BoxerBoy said:

Saw a blue one today not far from home.

That makes 3 now I think. It's a pretty "exclusive" car :-)

I know someone with a new Q5 - in fact I washed it today - and it is very interesting to see the differences between the latest Q5 and my Kodiaq.

Setting aside the £10K (approx) price difference, I played the Top Trumps game and the only things the Q5 has that is better than the Kodiaq is darker windows, twin rear fog lamps and twinkling rear indicators.

The Kodiaq has 7 seats, bigger boot, auto handbrake, folding mirrors, LED headlamps, hot wheel, jukebox, nicer alcantara seats and easier to clean wheels. 

It has an Audi badge, that is worth £10k to some people LOL

You forgot cheaper servicing costs as well :)

Twinkling rear indicators may be able to be enabled by VCDS, I shall have a look on mine when it eventually turns up :)

Mine has been the topic of several conversations this week. I don't know if Devon is a Skoda stronghold but it seems to be the first one a lot of people have seen. 

• 2 months later...

Just finished a 2,400-mile, 19-day trip to Sweden and back, allowing an extended "survey" of how easy it is to encounter a Kodiaq now.

Well, it still isn't!  Of the many hundreds of thousands of cars seen, only four were Kodiaqs: a white one in the outskirts of Hamburg, a Quartz Grey one in Malmö, another white one near the very northern tip of Denmark, and again a white one as we passed back through Hamburg (I wondered whether it was the same one we saw before).  Not a single one in the 612 miles we covered within the UK.

By comparison, in the same trip we came across nineteen Teslas, and nine (!) 1970s Cadillacs.