Rumours of 5 seat option for SE L & Edition

Just beginning to see some rumours on the net about 5 seat options becoming available sooner rather than later on the SE L and Edition variants.

What are other people hearing out there?

Well spotted, and if the whatcar website is accurate the 5-seat option for the SE L and Edition spec is a £500 saving over the 7-seat. 

Not quite as good as the £1k the saleswomen quoted me, but better than paying for 2 seats that I will never use!

Here in Ireland the difference is €1000 - or about £860 at the current exchange rate.

They do it slightly differently though....

Skoda UK says:  "Here is a 7 seat Kodiak and save 500/600 pounds by removing 2 seats from it"

Skoda Ireland says: "Here is a 5 seat Kodiak and pay an extra 1000 euro to add 2 seats to it".

Meanwhile, Skoda in the Czech Republic just says "You can have whatever feckin number of seats you want but you'll be waiting! We're getting drunk as skunks every time we look at the order book backlog....party on....!!"

• Like 1

That would persuade me. I don't want or need 7 seats. The back is for our dog. I don't like paying for something I will never use. Be interesting to see if it happens. Thee must be a lot of people out there who want high spec but not 7 seats.

• Like 2

Yeah, the site I use to buy cars has listed 5 seat versions of all models to buy.  I also made a comment on Skoda UK site and they confirmed you can now order 5 seater. I wanted 5 seat for better towing capacity and having sat in 7 seat version they are only suitable for sub 12 year olds unlike my sorento. Skoda has probably just bagged themselves a couple of sales from me.

New Price List out. June 2017. Doesn't list these in the prices section, but in the options section we have such gems as neither type of spare wheel can be specced on a 5 seat SE L or Edition and

the upgraded LED interior light pack is the same.  What's that all about ?

EDIT :- The header for the download says March 2017, but the title page says June.

Edited by StewartM
More info.

Had it confirmed by Skoda Customer Service via live chat today .. SEL and Edition 5 seat versions are now available to order through retail.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1 June 2017 at 14:57, klinwart said:

Ordered SE L  5 seat last week at Bedford dealers, £1,000 difference than 7 seater.

Great news! Still not showing on Skoda's configurator or on our lease provider's website yet though.....

Definitely a step in the right direction if you want a meaty engined, capable tow car with plush interior, half decent lights and Skoda badges.

Count me in :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Visited a Skoda dealer in Scotland today. I asked about ordering an SE L with 5 seats. I was told point blank that no, that wasn't possible.

I asked the guy to check and he said he didn't have to - only 7 seats were possible for the SE L and Edition.

Went on to Skoda chat when I arrived home and as you guys have advised in this thread, all Kodiaq trim levels can now be ordered as 5 seat models.

Looks like I'll need to find another dealer!

• Like 1

tgrx1901,  welcome.  

Go and make the Dealer Principal and Sales Executives day and even the Directors / Shareholders, show them the power of great training and product knowledge

& the internet,

which Dealership in which town?

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome Awayoffski.

Yes I'm tempted to name and shame but I'll perhaps first use my new found knowledge from this forum and Skoda Customer Services to see if I can get any improvement on the massive 0% discount on offer at the moment :dry:

10 minutes ago, tgrx1901 said:

Thanks for the welcome Awayoffski.

Yes I'm tempted to name and shame but I'll perhaps first use my new found knowledge from this forum and Skoda Customer Services to see if I can get any improvement on the massive 0% discount on offer at the moment :dry:

I doubt it, and be prepared for a 6mth plus wait - I ordered on 5th Jan and although my Kodiaq is partially built and has a chassis number, Skoda UK have no idea when it will actually leave the factory.

All of the 2017 build is sold is what I am hearing, so if you want it anytime soon you are at the mercy of the dealers that have some stock, and they will not be inclined to give them away.

I can give the choices in order of most likely.

Arnold Clark.

Arnold Clark.

Parks of Hamilton.

Western.

Least likely.

John Clark Skoda, Ingrams Skoda, Henrys Skoda. Maybe there are other candidates for where to go and order.

I'll be looking at a factory order with delivery in December it seems. The dealer concerned does have allocation left for 2017 but say it's running out fast.

Oddly enough, the Glasgow dealer concerned is in your Least Likey list Awayoffski. They have a good reputation so I was surprised.

The dealer might have allocation, but does the factory have capacity?

With dealers such as Simpsons seeming to all of a sudden have a dozen Kodiaqs available from stock, I think the dealer allocation system has long since gone out of the window

tgrx1901,

you are just as well saying which dealerships have salespeople that do not want to go check if the can take orders.

I should of known not Arnold Clark because they will take orders and just not bother ordering the car sometimes.

If Henrys then that would be no surprise they were well respected, reliable and many recommended them including me, then recently there are some issues.

There are poor salespeople all over the place these days, you have to sometime do a 'Bruce'.  Try try and try again.

27 minutes ago, tgrx1901 said:

Andyvee, on top of my experience today, you are rapidly making me think that ordering a Kodiaq would be a very bad idea!

Awayoffski - yup Henrys.

Not a bad idea, but beware of dealers who over promise and under deliver.

You need to have sensible expectations - discount is very hard to come by, demand far exceeds supply and Kodiaq's don't count towards dealer quota's so they will quite happily stick to their guns on zero discount.

Waiting time is currently about 6 months, unless you hit on a dealer that has stock (which will be 2017MY so not the 9.2" screen as currently shown in the brochure), or has a build slot on a car already that you can have.

A lot of dealers have hit their quota for 2017, so will be quoting 2018 deliveries now.

14 minutes ago, andyvee said:

Not a bad idea, but beware of dealers who over promise and under deliver.

You need to have sensible expectations - discount is very hard to come by, demand far exceeds supply and Kodiaq's don't count towards dealer quota's so they will quite happily stick to their guns on zero discount.

Waiting time is currently about 6 months, unless you hit on a dealer that has stock (which will be 2017MY so not the 9.2" screen as currently shown in the brochure), or has a build slot on a car already that you can have.

A lot of dealers have hit their quota for 2017, so will be quoting 2018 deliveries now.

Thanks for the advice andyvee. Much appreciated.

Thankfully the wait time doesn't bother me too much. I'm not due to change my car until the turn of the year.

When push comes to shove, if I don't like the deal on offer, I'll weight up offers from other manufacturers I'm considering.

The SUV segment is pretty competitive so lots of options out here.

• Like 1