Kodiaq and Karoq

Forgive my ignorance but although if I have my say this won't happen until next year, as my wife has decided ' we ' need a car that with we can get up into, rather than down into, we ought to be looking at a SUV type and the yeti just doesn't float her boat ( no offence owners sorry ) 

so 

on what cars are the Kodiaq and the Koroq based please folks

I really don't want to look at a Kuga or Mokka as a replacement for my Octavia

Edited by davidwhite

The Karoq will be the sister car to a SEAT Ateca.

The Kodiaq is pretty much nearest to a VW Tiguan XL what ever that is called. (EDIT, Tiguan Allspace)

The Karoq is the Yeti replacement and nearest to that size and will have a nice 1.5 TSI engine available or a 1.0TSI.

Edited by Awayoffski

Thanks Awayoffski, 

so does that mean the Karoq isn't a Skoda version of an existing VAG group car and a re-hashed Yeti or is it amazingly an brand new concept given to Skoda first ? ( lifts eyebrows in amazement !! )

The platforms are what the VW Group use bigger than the current Fabia, Polo, Ibiza just now.

The Ateca is built by Skoda at the factory in the Czech Republic and the Karoq will be build alongside it.

Nothing revolutionary about the Karoq.

There is supposedly a Smaller SEAT coming soon, the 'Arona SUV', and then a Fabia SUV type model.

There is the Audi Q2 available just now.

Edited by Awayoffski

Thanks for the info, 

seems I don't have to go down the Kuga Mokka route if I can hold out for a year or so 

I'll have to research the Ateca and Tiguan ( can't see me parting with extra £'s for an Audi badge tbh )

a lot lot will depend on external dimensions can't afford a bigger garage !!

Edited by davidwhite

On 15/05/2017 at 10:59, davidwhite said:

Thanks Awayoffski, 

so does that mean the Karoq isn't a Skoda version of an existing VAG group car and a re-hashed Yeti or is it amazingly an brand new concept given to Skoda first ? ( lifts eyebrows in amazement !! )

The Yeti was unique, but basic design is now decades old.  The new Karoq is virtually identical to the new Seat Ateca and shares many components.  It is not an updated Yeti.  I think the new VW Tiguan also shares floorpan and parts.

If you want smaller vehicle,  Seat are bringing the Arona later this year, but Skoda version is probably another year behind that and likely to resemble a jacked up Fabia.  Plenty of new small SUVs on horizon, revised Captur, Kia Kona, etc

• Like 1