new build skodas

philtor

Guest FurryFriend

Probably because transporting it by road hundreds of miles from the factory to a port. Storing it before loading onto a ship, sailing that ship to a UK port, storing it at the UK end, and checking documentation prior to release from the UK port, and then by road again on to a dealership is a rather more time consuming process?  I reckon it's pretty good :) Certainly worth waiting for. 

If you ask the dealer nicely they can track exactly where your car is. My dealer told me exactly when my car started on the assembly line, left the factory, which ship it was on when it arrived in the UK, when it got to the dealer. The dealer took about 48hrs to get the car ready.

Edited by Odin1123

I thought it was about 23 hours, and that may not include preparing all the parts before bringing them together?

Just to press the panels weld together and paint , and then allow to harden before working on the shell must take many hours in themselves?

• 6 months later...

It probably takes longer to program the build into the assembly line than it does to build. From Factory to dealer was the longest. It took about 5 days to get a ship from Emden then 24hrs at Sea to Newcastle then 5 days to Dunfermline. Took the dealer several days to prep, most of it just fitting into a busy schedule, rather than actually doing the work. At the time there were three Ro-Ro ships on the Emden Newcastle route. The first two must have already been booked because it was on the third.

If Skoda can provide this information to the dealer they could easily provide it to the customer via a web site, phone app or both. The order number is unique so the information presented to the customer would be as well on typing in the order number.