Electronics issue?

Just got my car back from having an alloy refurbed.  Saw another wheel looking low on air so pumped it up with an electric pressure pump via the 12v socket.  Then came to reset the tyre pressure light by holding it down whilst starting it to find that the car wouldn't start, the dashboard flickered and made a horrible sound and a number of lights and errors suddenly appeared.  Now car will not start and time appears to have reset itself.  Any ideas what to check or try?

That's what I think but cannot even kick start it in its current position.  Won't even turn over.  Checked fuses also but they appear OK.

im wondering whether (because it's been stuck in a garage for two weeks whilst the wheel was completed) they have left the auto light on or something.  It must have worked fine as they drove it back to me?!?

Edited by madjack

Thank everyone for your help.  Flat battery causing the issues.  Running as normal now.  Repair garage will be getting a snotty phone call in the morning for running it flat!

• Like 1

Next time, inflate them only with the motor running. Big consumes as a compressor can easily drain the battery.

Edited by ovizel

18 hours ago, madjack said:

Repair garage will be getting a snotty phone call in the morning for running it flat

I wouldn't if I were you. there is no way my car would start after two weeks being sat.

Its just not their fault.

I think if your car does not start after 2 weeks in the garage, you have a battery problem. I have recently been away for two months, all February and March with the car parked in the drive. It started first turn of the key. I was a little concerned as the longest I have left it before was one month. Incidently the battery is original in a 2010 170 4x4.