Skoda Fabia 1,2 TSi 110 Ambition Combi DSG

I'm strongly considering buying a 2017 "Skoda Fabia 1,2 TSi 110 Ambition Combi" with DSG.

I'm wondering if anyone know if the gearbox in this model is the DQ200 model or where I can find that information. If it is the DQ200, are there still problems with it in newer 2016/2017 models? 

Thanks for any information.

Welcome.

Yes it is the DQ200. There should be no problems with a 2016/17 DQ200, but then there should have been no problems, 2009-2013, or 2013-2015, 

so maybe it will be 2019 before we find out if VW got them right.

Vorsprung Durch Tecknik.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

Welcome Einyen, that would be a great choice of car if you buy it. 

Regarding the gearboxes, I have the 2017 DSG 110ps Fabia, and it is brilliant. This model Mk3 Fabia has been around for about 3 years now. There are no problems with the gearboxes. Plenty of evidence to support that. Lots of cars with very high mileage engines and gearboxes (DSG's). Locally where I live a taxi firm exclusively uses the Mk3 estates with the DSG gearboxes. They have put over 180,000 miles on one and it's still going strong with no issues. New clutch pack only, but I don' t know what mileage that was fitted. My own car runs faultlessly and the gearbox is a dream to use. Buy with confidence. The only point to be aware of is that the 1.2TSI engine is being retired in favour of an even more powerful 1.0TSI engine. I think those are already being made, so if it's a brand new car you are aiming for then it may already be too late to get the 1.2. However, the 1.0 engine is a gem and has been in the SEAT's and VW's for some while. 

I have a december 2016 delivered fabia as title suggest and aftef 15kkm the dq200 is under waranty work with change of the clutch pack and mechatronics due to vibrations during drive when under load and visual problems seen on this link:

https://www.google.si/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=0ahUKEwigrJPryYbUAhUMNxQKHV9nBTAQwqsBCB0wAA&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA&sig2=FT_MMKxwav-EaelcTr76Eg

Hope after this, that the car will then be trouble free until at least till 200kkm.

Otherwise a superb car in all aspects, it seams i just did nothave luck with dsg unit in my car.