Virtual pedal

Anybody know exactly where the sensor for the foot-operated boot opening facility is located and what it looks like?

I'm pretty sure that mine worked before I had an after-market towbar fitted but now I can't get it to work at all. The towbar is a Westfalia detachable with Westfalia dedicated electrics.

Could the towbar frame (which replaced the frame behind the rear bumper) be masking the sensor or has the system been disabled for some reason?

It should work seamlessly without any effort, left, middle right-side, doesn't matter. Move feet under, move feet back.. I'm not sure but it should be automatically disabled only if you attach something to the towbar? Try checking if it's disabled in menu under "Car" and "opening and closing" sub menu. It could also have issues if the sensor area/bumper is too dirty.

It's probably not relevant if your virtual pedal has worked in the past, but there is a software upgrade available for problem VPs. On my MY17 Superb Estate L&K with factory tow bar, the pedal never worked. After the update, it has never failed.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

My Virtual pedal worked fine .. had after market towbar fitted ... now you have to be very exact where you place your foot ..... and still only about 1 in 5 chance of it working.  My wife has failed totally to get it to work.

Skoda are saying that if Towbar fitted the sensor need to be moved to alternate positon .... but can't  find any Tech note to tell me to where.

I have an aftermarket towbar fitted and contrary to my original post, my virtual pedal works just fine 99% of the time - now that I have finally discovered how to do it.

The secret is just to poke your foot under in the middle of the car and pull it straight out again. Just once and no waggling from side to side. Just straight in and out, stand back and watch the magic

Edited by Albourneboy

I fitted the westfalia towbar 3 weeks ago to my new  S3 and found no issues 95% of the time. I had the factory prep this time which if all you are getting is the wiring, don’t think I’ll bother next time as still had to rip half the car apart/remove subwoofer and purchase full electric kit (prep finished at plug no relay box).

The sensors are long cables, one flat along the inside bottom lip the other very close to the cutout (in photo continues diagonally and meets up together)

9D4F9D95-E947-45F6-9E86-75FD6F122DD9.jpeg

58F56FF2-F468-4B11-8945-34477F6A6D7D.jpeg