upgrade or replace swing 2nd ed or i can i use another brand

the only thing i dislike about my car is my imfotainment. i tried to import radio logos and there are no support for that at all.

it was at this point among other functuons like not having smart link or smartgate that i have finally become displeased with it.

is it then possible for me to take it out and put in a bolero unit that has these supported features or another infotainment system from another brand that fit into my car.

has any ony one done rhis before?

thanks

20170523_173747_HDR.jpg

Most likely, the only monetarily viable options for you are the Pioneer or Alpine units, with the Pioneer being cheaper than the Alpine.

Due to component protection, retrofits are notoriously hard and expensive on this car.

• 5 years later...

Not in a mk3 Octavia... An rcd330 is for the previous generation of car.

You can retrofit a Bolero, Amundsen or Columbus but you'll need a wiring harness to move the wiring to the glove box area and a new glovebox surround to hold the headunit.

3 hours ago, langers2k said:

Not in a mk3 Octavia... An rcd330 is for the previous generation of car.

You can retrofit a Bolero, Amundsen or Columbus but you'll need a wiring harness to move the wiring to the glove box area and a new glovebox surround to hold the headunit.

I actually have 2016 rapid spaceback with the same swing 2 unit . I guess the same goes for my car?

36 minutes ago, GEDWIS said:

I actually have 2016 rapid spaceback with the same swing 2 unit . I guess the same goes for my car?

I don't know much about the Rapid, you might have better luck asking in the Rapid section?

Looks like there is a guide but I don't know if it applies to a 2016 model or not: 

3 hours ago, langers2k said:

I don't know much about the Rapid, you might have better luck asking in the Rapid section?

Looks like there is a guide but I don't know if it applies to a 2016 model or not: 

No, its an older unit