Calibrate temperature in Climatronic?

Hello
Is it possible to calibrate the Climatronic temperature? When i set in to Auto and let´s say 20°C it never reaches that temperature it goes to appr. 22-23°C so if I want to have 20°C I have to set the temperature to low and change it to 18°C in between to get a decent temperature.  

The AC is ok it is filled up with gas and I have air coming out from the vents holding appr. 5°C when the setting is on "Cool".

Edited by wertok

Out of curiosity how are you determining the temperature of the air coming out of the vents? I adjust the temperature via the controls and assume that the Climatronic systems works to achieve that temperature inside the cabin.

Do you have reason to doubt the display?

I don't think it is designed to be exact, no doubt the system could easily be a couple of degrees out?

I use 3 different thermometers, 2 digital of different brand and one analog. I use this 3 both on the vents to measure what the ac puts out and that is ok it put out ~5 degrees celsius. The problem as I can see is that the fan speed goes down already when the temperature is ~30 and then slowly goes down to 22-23 even if I set the temp to 19. I understand it's not exact setting but if I want 19 degrees then maybe it should be 18-20. I truly believe that the AC has the capacity but it slows down the fan speed earlier then it should. 

I've found the system in my car isn't perfect either, I think the actual numbers on the display are purely for guidance.

I regularly reduce the temperature in my car by 1 degree and the Climatronic then blasts ice cold out in an attempt to reduce the ambient temperature, but by doing so I freeze to death and end up turning the temperature back up!

I understand what you are saying, I find on really hot says setting it to 18C isn't enough cooling so end up switching it to minimum and then manually adjusting the fan speed to meet my needs but I think that has more to do with the residual heat in the car after being parked in the sun all day at work. If I go somewhere on a hot day and my car has been under the car port at home all day in the shade it seems to keep the car comfortable on auto.

I presume you are aware that there are 2 auto settings? one of which keeps the fan speed a bit higher?

Yes I know about the high and low setting on Auto. This morning i noticed that when it is colder outside ~12 degrees and the clima setting is set on 20 the temp goes up to ~23 on my own thermometer. So this problem is showing both when it should push the temp down and up.

Where in the car are you measuring the temperature? The cabin temperature sensor is the little dot in the middle of the Climatronic control panel: this is what the controller uses to set fan and cooling/heating levels from the vents.

It's entirely possible for the vents to be above/below the setpoint depending on ambient temperatures and heat exchange to the outside environment. If the sun is beating in the windows and baking the interior, the system is going to run very high cooling rates to maintain the setpoint and it's going to feel cold. Similarly if it's cold outside, the car is going to run a lot of heat to try and maintain the setpoint and it'll feel warm.

Maybe I have not been totally clear. The cabin temperature is always 3-4 degrees above the setting on the climatronic. 

This is the same reading I'm getting on journeys from 20 min to 6 hours. The question I have is if it's possible to adjust the temp in the acc.  

It makes no difference to me as a user where the sensor is as long as the air is 3-4 degrees above what I have choosed. 

• 3 months later...

Numbers mean nothing.. Set it to where you feel comfortable. If you adjust it up or down, its going to change and will take around ten mins to stabilise at that temperature. Near the vents will be colder/warmer then the rest of the car so small adjustments are better if you want a cmfortable setting, bigger adjustments to warm in winter, cool in summer (?)  until, again, the temperature has stabilised. Go be feel, not numbers, though and once you find a temp that suits, look at the temp its telling you and use that regardless of its accuracy.

Edited by mrgf