vRS245 ordered club

7 minutes ago, roo said:

I know.  the configurator is slightly better,  It's properly under : Premium WLAN with integrated high-speed LTE internet.    But the configurator also has the wireless charging option, along with the premium LAN and phone box, which I would guess is both options together.  They certainly scrimp on the detail to make things clear.

Does the jumbo box come with a USB port inside it?  if it does using that and a usb internet dongle would be a much cheaper option.

Personally I looked at the option with my car, but I went against it and just brought the wireless charging and bluetooth+, as the LTE is £300 option that I don't really need (or want tbh), and I have an Ipad supplied by work complete with internet, so when the tine terrors are in the car and I need to keep them quiet I'll just tether their tablets to that.

I only 'need the wireless charging option. I don't have kids and the wife feels such if she watches videos whilst on YouTube whilst driving. I just thought it would make streaming music slightly easier but for the option cost I'll just stick with it as is.

bluetooth or android auto connections to the HU will do the music streaming just fine. AFAIK the LTE option does not give you access to spotify and the likeas if it was a tablet or smart phone, it just gives the car a built in telephone and wireless hotspot.

Edited by roo

10 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

so with the android play (Iv got a Samsung s8+) can I use google maps and play apple music through it aswel?

Havent experienced it at all yet

Don't know about Apple Music but I've used Google Maps and Waze on it.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

so with the android play (Iv got a Samsung s8+) can I use google maps and play apple music through it aswel?

I've got a note 8 and in my Audi with tech pack spotify and maps worked when USB'd into the car. I'd imagine it'll work in the Octavia too.

Edited by Famous_Afro_Jay
oopde

1 minute ago, ClarkyStu said:

awesome, thankyou

You can certainly stream music anyway....I think I've used Amazon Music on it but was only messing about as I don't have a full subscription 

16 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

Apple carplay works perfectly for me, can't get mirror link working as yet for my s7 edge. 

Just spoke to Skoda regarding my VRS order last week.

I was just phoning to confirm that the right model had been ordered etc and asked about build weeks. She said my current build week is Week 21 of 2018! Thats end of May/beginning June! She did say that it will come forward to around March but its due to change over of model year or something. Has anyone experienced this? Is the 245 in higher demand than the 230? 

Edited by matt9407

7 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Just spoke to Skoda regarding my VRS order last week.

I was just phoning to confirm that the right model had been ordered etc and asked about build weeks. She said my current build week is Week 21 of 2018! Thats end of May/beginning June! She did say that it will come forward to around March but its due to change over of model year or something. Has anyone experienced this? Is the 245 in higher demand than the 230? 

Woah! That's a bloody long way off. My last vrs I was told 8-10 weeks. Eventually took 5 months...

Spoke to Skoda again via live chat.

They said its down to 2018 fast approaching and other factors but as its an unconfirmed build week its not accurate at all and it will 99% change (For the better)

They said its just a random date that the system generates after calculating stock levels etc. So hopefully still on for around March. If other people who have ordered 230s and 245s this month are getting build weeks in Jan-March I would have thought mine will be too.

I ordered vrs245 petrol early in October. Skoda dealership just got off phone with Skoda UK. My order has a 'commit to handover' at the beginning of Feb, which they say could come forward if the car is built in December. That all said, I have no build week. Hope that helps allay some concern. 

33 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

I ordered vrs245 petrol early in October. Skoda dealership just got off phone with Skoda UK. My order has a 'commit to handover' at the beginning of Feb, which they say could come forward if the car is built in December. That all said, I have no build week. Hope that helps allay some concern. 

Ive found out from my broker than its been ordered from lookers manchester. So i will ask them.

Iver read that dealerships get yearly allocations and if they all sell quickly then i may end up with one of the last build slots. I dont know much about that though.

At the end of the day im in no rush as its a second car really

I ordered mine last week in September and rang dealer today to check where it is in the process and been told it’ll be built week 46 of this year with delivery 4-6 weeks later. They told me when I ordered it’d be end of Jan so fingers crossed the latest conversation is the more accurate one. 

I’m just a little bit excited. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jos8282 said:

I ordered mine last week in September and rang dealer today to check where it is in the process and been told it’ll be built week 46 of this year with delivery 4-6 weeks later. They told me when I ordered it’d be end of Jan so fingers crossed the latest conversation is the more accurate one. 

I’m just a little bit excited. 

Just spoke to the dealer. They were really helpful. He said it is in for week 21 atm but the factory havnt looked at it properly yet and they will bring it forward 100%. He said the current build time for the 245 DSG hatch is 17 weeks and for the manual 16 weeks.

He also said he had someone order earlier in the year and he got it in 9 weeks

4 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

He also said he had someone order earlier in the year and he got it in 9 weeks

Gonna have to call bull**** on that, I ordered the day after the order books opened & its was 13-1/2 weeks.

To get a factory build in9 weeks he picked up on someones cancelled order, couldn't happen any other way

4 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Gonna have to call bull**** on that, I ordered the day after the order books opened & its was 13-1/2 weeks.

To get a factory build in9 weeks he picked up on someones cancelled order, couldn't happen any other way

Yeah ill agree with you on that one