vRS245 ordered club

23 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Pointless, the diamond cut can only be done twice or possible three times, I'll just muller them & have them refinished just before the PCP ends

I was considering these as a long term owner:

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/wheels/rv019-wheelset-19-x-85-5-x-112-et45-571mm-cb

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

I looked at both PCP and PCH deals, and couldn't find anything better than Simpsons' PCH offer (which my local dealer matched). 

I've ordered my PCH from Simpsons. Thanks for the response. 

• Like 1

On the topic of dates etc, thinking of asking to have a delivery in march 18 so I could get the new plate.

Question, I ordered a week ago and going by some of the deliveries on here could I be expecting a march delivery anyway?

Also if I ask for a later delivery does that push me even further back in the queue?

TBH I want it as soon as possible so I suppose the plate isnt that important is it!

Thoughts.......

If you're buying then I would hold out till 1st March for the new plate , may help resale a bit when the time comes. 

Cant see how it would affect you're place in the build queue. The car will have been ordered by the dealer and will arrive sometime in Jan/Feb. I'd of thought any dealer will hold the car for 4/6 weeks or so. 

1 hour ago, StreetHawk said:

If you're buying then I would hold out till 1st March for the new plate , may help resale a bit when the time comes. 

Cant see how it would affect you're place in the build queue. The car will have been ordered by the dealer and will arrive sometime in Jan/Feb. I'd of thought any dealer will hold the car for 4/6 weeks or so. 

If I arn't mistaken once a car arrives at the dealers it has to be registered within so many days, I bout very much It could be held for 4/6 weeks.

Worth asking though.

4 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

If I arn't mistaken once a car arrives at the dealers it has to be registered within so many days, I bout very much It could be held for 4/6 weeks.

Worth asking though.

I previously had a Golf on order and the dealer happy to hold it for 5 months without issue. 

My own 245 order will likely arrive Jan/Feb and that's being held for me until 1st March. 

Edited by StreetHawk

3 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Worth asking though.

The dealer could keep an unregistered car for months if they wanted to, but its probably not in their best interests for cash flow reasons and the simple fact that they have limited space to store cars safely. 

Most dealers I've visited recently don't even have adequate parking for showroom customers or cars coming in for service. 

31 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

Quick question, that's nearly 6 weeks ago my 245 was ordered, how long roughly have people had to wait for a confirmed build week?

Cheers!

I'm waiting on a 245 build week, too, and was told this morning I might have to wait 4 weeks (total) to find out. They also said the factory only updates the Skoda UK system twice a week (Wednesday and Friday) so I'm basically wasting my time calling them inbetween. 

2 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

I'm waiting on a 245 build week, too, and was told this morning I might have to wait 4 weeks (total) to find out. They also said the factory only updates the Skoda UK system twice a week (Wednesday and Friday) so I'm basically wasting my time calling them inbetween. 

You'll be waiting longer than that if my experience is anything to go by, I'll be 6 weeks in a couple of days.

When did you order?

45 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Your dealer can tell you in seconds by looking on there system to the status of your build.

Status 10, no confirmed build week

Status 20 , confirmed and committed built week.

Sounds like they can't be bothered to find out for you,

9 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Sounds like they can't be bothered to find out for you,

It's not quite that. Status 10 only happens when the factory accepts the order and gives it a provisional build week. For sime reason this takes a few weeks once order is confirmed.  So until the car has a tentative build slot there really is nothing they can tell you.

Edited by roo
Punctiation, across the nation, for gangs clubs an nations.

20 minutes ago, 1BODGER said:

Hi does any one know if you can add a tow bar with the PCH scheme for a vrs245 and if so how much.

Cheers.

Can't see any reason why you can't adf an optional extra to a PCH but, you've gotta pay for it over the term of the lease hence, it'll cost you £550 divided by the amoount of months your lease is for.

picked up mine today. These are lovely machines, especially coming from a Fabia! It also fits in my new build garage with room to spare :)

I've not given it 'the beans' yet as even in D it just gathers speed easily! 

I'm going to (try) and stick to the running in procedure as per the manual, but dealer said it's not needed?

First impressions of it being an octavia, is that it doesn't look or feel as big as I was expecting compared to the Fabia -in fact on the inside it feels smaller, given that the windscreen is at more of an angle and there is more stuff in the cabin compared to the empty space in the Fabia.

it also has even more extras as standard than I was expecting;  Skoda connect, auto de mist, and 3 keys (and of course the umbrella underneath thr passenger seat). 

Edited by Gumby

Ordered a 245 just over a week ago on PCH and still waiting for a confirmation and build week.

It will be replacing our 2016 520d M Sport Tourer as the main family car, given the price I couldn't pass it up. Always been a fan of Skoda, dad has an Octavia 1.9tdi and sister has an Octavia 2.0tdi and Fabia 1.4 VRS.

20 hours ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

I bought a VRS in 2010 and a 245 in 2017 from the same dealer and on both occasions they said no point in asking for a BW until a month has passed. In both cases I had my car in 12-13 weeks eventually.  I think generally the BW is further out just after the order and comes back in close to the eventual week after a month.  I'm not saying that happens always as obviously some orders will be impacted by parts suppliers etc.  

• Thanks 1

First post on here in years!

Just ordered today for April delivery.

A red, manual estate with DCC, spare wheel and paormaic sunroof.

3+35, 23k miles per year, £360 per month.

This will be my fourth Octavia vRS!

• Like 1