Fuel return pipe (from filter) replacement?

Just went to change my fuel filter on a 2012 superb 170bph and noticed that a mouse had almost completely chewed through the short rubber fuel return pipe! (The one that comes out of the top of the filter and goes to a connector at the side of the engine about 40cm away, shown with the blue arrow in my picture)

The part number on it is 1K0 130 295AJ but I understand that has been superseded by the same number but with AQ at the end.

Vindis want £84 to supply that, although they will only supply both flow and return pipes together as a pair.

Searching ebay and the net doesn't seem to throw up any place where I can buy a new pipe.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can buy a new pipe at a more reasonable cost?

I guess the same pipe is used on lots of different VAG makes/models but I haven't had any luck so far finding it.

Capture.JPG

I'd measure the internal and external diameters of the tube and have a chat with my local scrap yard. You could also go looking for tubing the same size on ebay, but confirming it meets temperature, pressure and chemical resistance requirements is a bit of a pain though. By getting piping used in the same application from another car you've already confirmed it's suitability.

Thanks but I'd rather not use second hand stuff.

Yes, I can see fuel piping by the metre on p-laces like ebay but, as you say, there is no guarantee that it will be up to the job.

I tried europarts, who usually have everything but they don't do anything like this.

Thanks for suggesting the two companies.

If I got the right one, Bikertons is a skoda dealer and they want £84 for the pipe.

Couldn't see anything technical on superskoda, unless I missed it. It looks like they only sell cosmetic stuff

Thanks anyway.

To be honest there is probably just about enough pipe for me to cut off the chewed bit and re-fix it to the filter.

Then I'll put little bags of rat poison all over the engine!

£84 sounds about right as I paid about £75 for the two pipes a couple of years ago as they come in a pair.  I wouldn't trim the pipes as they are a specific length for a reason.  Either stump up for the genuine part or see if you can find some universal fuel hose with the same diameter.

Edited by wiilydog

47 minutes ago, simannjo said:

What reason? So it is not under tension, if you cut it would the pipe not be shorter and risk of coming loose as if diesel leaks on the aux belt it could take out your cambelt

Edited by wiilydog