No flies on me......they're on the blooming car!

Fishcann

After a long but pleasurable day cleaning, prepping and waxing the car a couple of days ago, the car is looking cracking, but one thing that ticks me off and I've only noticed it with this silver car, is my word does it attract the flies! :angry:

Two days later and the little bleeders are all over it depositing their little spots of joy which really show up on mass and take a bit of effort to get rid of. It's like someone has put up a sign to the insect world saying 'Fly poop fest 17 - plenty of pitches available'

Is it just me and my silver car or does anyone else have similar issues?

I wondered if it was due to the yummy smelling products that I use?

I found my two day old Jungle Green Yeti seems to collect bat crap over night. My red Yeti was occasionally dumped on by the bats, but 2 nights running they have selected green for latrine.

That's interesting, we've got bats flying over the cars all the time as there is a roost in the roof, but thankfully I've never had bat droppings on the car, I'm guessing that'll be quite acidic or like bird crap?

Just looking out the window now, it's like the car is a big turd or something, it's swarming with flies! Seems worse when it's sunny.

13 minutes ago, Fishcann said:

That's interesting, we've got bats flying over the cars all the time as there is a roost in the roof, but thankfully I've never had bat droppings on the car, I'm guessing that'll be quite acidic or like bird crap?

I never leave it on long enough to find out, its quite like mouse droppings, the bats live in my neighbours gable end. Some nights at dusk in summer it's like Duxford air show for bats between the two houses. The next door neighbour was a keen gardener until she got too frail about 5yrs back. Only now have her family got a decent gardener in to cut her plants back, so this year, hopefully, less plants, less flies/bugs, less bats over the drive......

our silver Fiesta gets covered in them at times - been out late in the afternoon and seen 200+ flies all up the A pillars and across the roof!

That's not a bad shout - maybe with some citronella content in it, like outdoor candles! :)

I have noticed they tend to prefer certain colours - seeing a yellow Skoda at a meet-up in the spring/summer is always amusing, for example ;)

But with decent wax/LSP protection, I tend to find they're removed with minimal effort.