Fabia vRS - Oil thru engine cover!

MikeW

After a recent service i noticed that oil appeared to be pushing up and leaking around the filler cap. That was last week, thought it was probably just a leaky cap. However, this morning i noticed there was oil pushing up thru thr engine cover! (just at the seam where the "tdi" label is). What would cause this and is my car about to go bang? Help, a little worried to say the least.

After a recent service i noticed that oil appeared to be pushing up and leaking around the filler cap. That was last week, thought it was probably just a leaky cap. However, this morning i noticed there was oil pushing up thru thr engine cover! (just at the seam where the "tdi" label is). What would cause this and is my car about to go bang? Help, a little worried to say the least.

Any "Techies" out there know anything about this? Please?!

If you have too much oil then it probably will be looking for somewhere to come out. If you have that much though don't drive it as you may cause a hydraulic lock in the engine.

Can you tell if there is any water in the oil?

If you have too much oil then it probably will be looking for somewhere to come out. If you have that much though don't drive it as you may cause a hydraulic lock in the engine.

Can you tell if there is any water in the oil?

Don't think there's any water in it but i'm not sure, how would i know if there was, and what would that mean?

It *may* (and don't quote me please, I'm not a techie) just be a known issue and should be sorted out under warranty: the rocker cover / filler cap assembly tends to leak.

Mine does it, although Ross had changed it before I bought the Fabia. Apparently, I've been told by someone knowledgable ;) that there's a new model for it which will hopefully remove the slow seeping spillages. It sounds as if, along with the squealing brakes, it's the "coil pack" issue for the tdi engine block :rolleyes:

Just keep an eye on the level until the dealer gets a look at it, but deffo get it looked at ASAP :)

Oil cant come up through the engine cover.

It more than likely soem has run down from the filler and uder the edge of the decorative plate where the TDi badge is.

Phew! What a relief. Will still have to go to the dealer and get a new filler cap. Can you tell me what the symtoms of overfilling are so i can "have a go" at him if neccessary? It may not be the dealer's fault so i'd like to know before i start spouting off!