Electric seats and key

Hi! 

I just got my superb l&k. I haven't been able to connect my seat position to my key. I've tried the way the manual describes it but without the excepted result. I've also read. A couple of threads about this issue but the way it is described does not work for me no lather how I try. 

Any suggestions of how to solve this? 

Thanks in advance! 

R

I was the other way and wanted to remove the settings - wife and I share the same key. I needed to switch off the personalisation stuff in the head unit where you can save individual setting configurations. Is yours switched on?

Only a guess I'm afraid though.

I just recently set it up myself, I didn't use car manual for it though so I'm not sure if that's exactly how it'll work, but if I remember correctly all I had to do is first create/modify user profile, for ex "User 1". I think you can select the user settings under "Car" menu and then selecting the user bottom right corner or something, there should be an option where it says "manually pair key", then it prompts with a message telling you to press unlock button on the key which you want to pair with and the key will be assigned to that user profile. Now the next time you unlock the car with this key, your most previous seat and mirror settings should automatically go into position.

Edited by Martastico
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I can't find that settings menu. I find one called something corresponding to lock and security where I can set up the key to open all doors or just the drivers door and. Also something about the electric windows. Is it in that menu that I'm supposed to Fint the option you're describing? 

Thanks! 

R

Don't know the manufacturing date but the first registration date is 25th of Nov 2016. But still, the process if how to connect the settings to my key is in my manual. It says that I'm supposed to press and hold the nbr on the seat memory and then press the unlock button on the key. By doing this I'm supposed to hear a sound but this doesn't work out how ever I try. 

R

@Rickckck On mine you press the 'Car' button to the right of the screen and then go to: Settings (bottom right of the screen) > Personalisation

From here you can enable/disable personalisation, assign a name and (if you scroll down) change the settings for 'pairing' a key

Hope this helps

PS You set the seat memory by pressing the 'Set' button followed by one of the numbers 1 / 2 / 3 and then you will hear a 'bong'. I think the manual tells you to press and hold the 'Set' button, but on my car you must release the 'Set' button before selecting a number. I don't think I've read anywhere about assigning/pairing the key in this way but I may have missed it?

Edited by Whaty
  • Like 1

On 2017-06-02 at 11:33, Whaty said:

@Rickckck On mine you press the 'Car' button to the right of the screen and then go to: Settings (bottom right of the screen) > Personalisation

From here you can enable/disable personalisation, assign a name and (if you scroll down) change the settings for 'pairing' a key

Hope this helps

PS You set the seat memory by pressing the 'Set' button followed by one of the numbers 1 / 2 / 3 and then you will hear a 'bong'. I think the manual tells you to press and hold the 'Set' button, but on my car you must release the 'Set' button before selecting a number. I don't think I've read anywhere about assigning/pairing the key in this way but I may have missed it?

Yeah, I've managed to get the memory for the seat and mirrors to work by pressing set button and then one of the three numbers. Its just that I can't get to the menu you're describing. I've been looking through every option as far as I can see. But the manual says that the pairing to ensure specific key is suppose to be done by another procedure other then what you're describing.

I'm either supposed to unlock the car, press the nbr of my settings and hold it while pressing the unlock button on the key within 10 seconds. Or I'm supposed to unlock the car and press and hold the set button and press the unlock button on the key within 10 seconds.

Both ways are supposed the give an sound as a confirmation that it has been activated. 

Not getting any of the above described ways to work. I'm really confused about this! 

R

Mine is the same as Rickckck's car... there is an option to link to the keys in the personalisation menu so I don't think i'll be much help to you.  Sounds like you must have an MY16 model so hopefully one of the guys with one of those can help you out :-)

4 hours ago, Enobar said:

Mine is the same as Rickckck's car... there is an option to link to the keys in the personalisation menu so I don't think i'll be much help to you.  Sounds like you must have an MY16 model so hopefully one of the guys with one of those can help you out :-)

It's definitely a MY16. The type register date is January-something 2016 but it was first in traffic November 2016.

How is yours the same as mine, Enobar? I don't see that option in car settings. Must be because it's an early production unit that didn't get that menu option. At least that's what I think. 

R