Yeti TDI emissions fix - which one to avoid?

MasterMunchkin

1 minute ago, Wino said:

@33q Unfortunately common sense isn't adequate to understand NOX emissions. 

agreed...but I didn't differentiate between NOX and others

The scandal is about VW being found out to have cheated some tests.

This thread asked about poor running and higher fuel consumption .... I have responded on that

There are plenty of reports claiming vehicles perform worse after the 'fix' ..... in the real world of driving

I'm not qualified to discuss NOx so I will keep clear of that aspect

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 137699 said:

170DSG owner here - no fix available yet.

Mine won't be getting it even when it is.

There is a suggestion further up this thread that fixes are available but I have not heard of any 140 or 170 tdi DSG having been updated. 

Anyone know the real answer to its availability or it having been applied?

Edited by 33q
Typo

The thing is, some of us (well within our rights) have modified out Skoda's with fuelling remaps and hardware to support the power gains.  I think in total I've spent around £800 on engine mods that have made my 1.6 tdi Greenline more enjoyable and economical to drive.  If I did take it in for a EA189 recall, after the work was done it's pretty clear the remap would be erased and for that reason, it's going nowhere.  I don't like driving around in a vehicle that's pumping out more particulate emissions than it should however it's regularly clearing 60mpg so it's a damn sight cleaner/greener than 90% of the cars on the road.

It seems to be a different reference for the Greenline, not EA189. My company car has been done today, and I wasn't even aware before today that there was a fix rolled for the 1.6tdi. I am not bothered as going back in 19 days to lease company, but it was all carefully worded as needing a recal upgrade with emissions hardly mentioned, so beware if taking a 1.6tdi to a Skoda dealer for anything else as the upgrade may happen.

On 6/4/2017 at 11:50, MasterMunchkin said:

Thank you very much, all. I think the Greenline 1.6 TDI is the one to go for and NOT have any future 'fix'.

MM

Well mine was done today whilst it was there for an mot, so 1.6's are now getting done, although no letter yet to my wife for her car.

So no guarantee that a 1.6 is not "fixed".

I had no choice as a company car and anyway it goes back to lease company at end of month. That will be a Greenline in the auictions with the fix now applied.

• 2 years later...

I have a 2016 Yeti 2.0 diesel with adblue. I have always measured the fuel consumption of my cars (because I'm far too interested in statistics!). The on-screen mpg data in the Yeti is consistently 13% higher than the real figures. The car tells me I'm averaging 55.7mpg, but in reality it's only 49.3mpg, which is still good, so there's no need to lie... is there...?