Delivery Timescales

On 23/08/2018 at 22:16, BACUPIAN said:

Placed my order for Octavia 1.5 tsi SEL with some factory options quoted wk 48 & delivery mid January...the wait begins !!!

I was originally quoted 5 months for mine when I ordered mine on the 4th June but has turned out to be 3 months from order to picking it up 5th Sept including the 3 week shut down period so you may have it sooner. 

Thanks for "possible" good news, but have resigned myself for the "long wait"...might be the biggest Christmas present ever !!

Now got my collection date sorted -17th September, ordered 12 May. (16 weeks?)

The car would be available next week (68 plate) but the dealer is holding onto it for two weeks for me. :)

After having two cars stolen off the drive in March the last thing I wanted was a box fresh car sitting on the drive whilst I was on holiday.....

On 04/09/2018 at 13:26, peterhardy said:

It's a great feeling, isn't it! There's nothing like when you pick up your brand new car!

I hope the weather is kind to you too. A new car on a sunny day is perfect. :)

The sun came out :) loving the car and the new car smell!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:51, peterhardy said:

Good news!

You can relax and enjoy your holidays knowing the car's there to pick up when you get home. Lucky beggar! :thumbup:

finally the holiday was over :D and today I picked this up

1.5 SE L with heated seats, tow bar & spare wheel

I booked an extra couple of days off to 'play' B)

DSC_0270 - Copy.JPG

26 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

The car looks lovely!  You'll have to update your profile text too - no need to borrow the mini now!.  Enjoy :)

Thank you :biggrin:

Good point, and I will have to clean the Mini......

3 hours ago, Cakemonster said:

finally the holiday was over :D and today I picked this up

1.5 SE L with heated seats, tow bar & spare wheel

I booked an extra couple of days off to 'play' B)

DSC_0270 - Copy.JPG

Nice, same spec and engine as mine is yours DSG? Got 180 miles on mine now and on the 17 mile trip to work I’m getting 47.5 mpg so looking promising. Enjoy....

30 minutes ago, Nescafe1 said:

Nice, same spec and engine as mine is yours DSG? Got 180 miles on mine now and on the 17 mile trip to work I’m getting 47.5 mpg so looking promising. Enjoy....

Cheers, it's a manual, on the 70 mile journey home from the dealer (they're 12 miles away...) it did 40 mpg which included some time stationary whilst going through the menus & settings 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a dealer up date , build wk brought forward 5wks .. now  42/43 wk , delivery due mid/late November...tax to start 1st December, lets just wait & see !!! Does it seem Skoda are starting to clear the orders back log ?

• 4 weeks later...

Latest dealer up date, build week gone back to wk 47....BUT could go to wk 49 & expect a January registration, having waited for so long I will push for "19" plate -March...just keep on waiting !! The p/x allowance WILL remain as stated on order form ! 

So it seems like Skoda isn't clearing the backlog then!  I suppose it's good news that your part ex value is staying the same.

I think I would be wanting to wait for the 19 plate too, in your shoes!

Thanks for the update :).

• 2 weeks later...

My Octavia is now set for build week 49. Has gone back a week regularly although did get to wk 50 at one point. So will be January registration for me, probably. Hopefully p/x will remain as per the order which was mid August! Don't think I'll wait for March though as that would probably affect p/x and would also mean expense of servicing, MOT, breakdown cover for the Fabia unless they took the p/x early and gave me a loan car. I did read somewhere that they have to loan you a car when you get to 18 weeks from order which I would hit mid Jan. Interesting to see how all this pans out. Who knew that buying a car could be so complicated?

Just to add mine was wk 47/48 & now wk 50 ...the good thing my Rapid had its p/x value fixed at time of order, so if ? it takes 6mths? the p/x value remains with no drop in valuation. To swap the 17" wheels/tyres for 16" wheels/tyres WILL cost extra & NO refund on the "17"  s . 

1 hour ago, terryat said:

Hopefully p/x will remain as per the order which was mid August!

I would think that this is the least your dealer could do.  If not, I would raise a stink with Skoda.

1 hour ago, terryat said:

Who knew that buying a car could be so complicated?

Every moment a joy!! :biggrin:  Look at my sig, 23 weeks order to delivery and some have waited longer :angry:.

1 hour ago, BACUPIAN said:

Just to add mine was wk 47/48 & now wk 50 ...the good thing my Rapid had its p/x value fixed at time of order, so if ? it takes 6mths? the p/x value remains with no drop in valuation. To swap the 17" wheels/tyres for 16" wheels/tyres WILL cost extra & NO refund on the "17"  s . 

Good that the PX is fixed.  One less thing to worry about!

Re the wheels - maybe worth looking on eBay for the 16's and sell your 17's there too?  Perhaps there's someone on the Forum who might be interested in doing a swap??

Just thought I'd chip in, think this os my second time round on this thread! Ive ordered a replacement my19 vrs and the system was claiming a build week in mid January which would only be roughly 12 weeks or so. Im not a betting man, but if I was I would call that mid feb at long odds or march evens. I will be chasing a proper build week!