VRS 245 driven by press

5 hours ago, juan27 said:

Says DCC is standard which seems unlikely? A view repeated however in one of the other articles above (Autocar). 

Last time I looked DCC was not available on the configurator as an option but that may be erroneous and also be the source of the confusion?  

I was going to order in a day or two and certainly expected to have to pay for DCC. 

Pretty sure @themanwithnoaim has specced, and paid extra for, DCC on the 245 he's ordered?

5 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Ah damn, missed his reply before I typed but that confirms it anyway :D

No worries, I can always take the money back off the steelers if necessary however, I think the DCC being standard is a bit much to expect.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, juan27 said:

about £4-5K. Probably more discount available on the Superb (15%+)

My spec is roughly £31-1/2k list price with a carwow quote & a bit of a cockup all round between dealer, Skoda UK & me (yeah  I'm human & make mistakes) I've got nearly 11.5% discount keeping me just south of £400 a month with 1-1/2 grand down.

Not the best of cost/car deals out there but, I brought my current car with my head so, this one will be with my heart. I know I'm paying a premium being so early, I can't get a PCH quote right now as the manufacturer discounts aren't set as yet.

Is it worth it? Dunno till it arrives, find out what it comes with as standard, drive the bloody car & see how fast it is. I do know I can afford it & I'm NOT gonna wonder "what if I'd" this time

In short, I've taken a bit of a punt with my heart instead of my head but, we've got a lad at my local Briskoda meet who's spent nearly 50% of the new value of his Citygo on aftermarket bits so I thought, WTF, I mean

What could possible go wrong.....!!!

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Is it worth it? Dunno till it arrives, find out what it comes with as standard, drive the bloody car & see how fast it is. I do know I can afford it & I'm NOT gonna wonder "what if I'd" this time

In short, I've taken a bit of a punt with my heart instead of my head but, we've got a lad at my local Briskoda meet who's spent nearly 50% of the new value of his Citygo on aftermarket bits so I thought, WTF, I mean

What could possible go wrong.....!!!

I don't think you'll be disappointed. My Mk2 VRS is by far the best car I've ever owned and I have looked at multiple options to replace it including BMW & Mercedes (and the Superb) before coming round to the fact that another Octavia VRS Estate is exactly what I need. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, matt1chelski said:

I've been looking at the Leon Cupra, I'm sure on some forum somewhere I saw the option to adjust the aggressiveness of the diff. 

Thats done via the same method you adjust whether your in 'normal', 'sport', 'individual' etc. It adjusts the diff, dampers, throttle response and steering, possibly the exhaust as well.

James

33 minutes ago, Superman001 said:

Thats done via the same method you adjust whether your in 'normal', 'sport', 'individual' etc. It adjusts the diff, dampers, throttle response and steering, possibly the exhaust as well.

James

This was via vagcom, maybe it was just allowing you to have it set to the most aggressive mode while having comfort everything else (although I did assume that was possible via the headunit)

2 hours ago, matt1chelski said:

I've been looking at the Leon Cupra, I'm sure on some forum somewhere I saw the option to adjust the aggressiveness of the diff. 

I looked at the Leon but it's half a size too small. 

This was via vagcom, maybe it was just allowing you to have it set to the most aggressive mode while having comfort everything else (although I did assume that was possible via the headunit)

I think that's the setting for the XDS system, not VAQ.

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

I looked at the Leon but it's half a size too small. 

I want a Golf really but I'm not sure I want the attention that comes with it. 

58 minutes ago, ahenners said:

I think that's the setting for the XDS system, not VAQ.

Ahhhh ok, my mistake. 

13 minutes ago, matt1chelski said:

I want a Golf really but I'm not sure I want the attention that comes with it. 

Ahhhh ok, my mistake. 

If you don'twant the attention that comes with the Golf the Leon Cupra is ideal. A bit more low key, more power, just as well built and better value than the Golf.

14 minutes ago, Superman001 said:

If you don'twant the attention that comes with the Golf the Leon Cupra is ideal. A bit more low key, more power, just as well built and better value than the Golf.

It's the R I like. It's just if I can cope with the FWD (all be it with a decent diff) over 4WD. 

11 hours ago, matt1chelski said:

I'm not a fan of the estate tbh. I dont know why, because I normally like a fast estate but the Leon just doesnt do it for me in estate form. 

It's designed for little people. Too difficult to get in and out of for me.

Edited by juan27

On 6/7/2017 at 12:23, themanwithnoaim said:

I don't care

As long as its fast & if it ain't

REMAP TIME

Is it now possible to re-map the Octy 3 2.0 TSi, I thought that any tuning had to be done with an external tuning-box?

TIA for any info, DC.

On 6/7/2017 at 19:28, juan27 said:

about £4-5K. Probably more discount available on the Superb (15%+), but not really for me (too wide) as I've already had to replace the drivers mirror twice on my Octavia driving on the narrow country lanes where I live. Tremendous car for the money but just don't think its some kind of over-sized Golf R.

Bugger, we thought that a Superb 280 really was an over-sized Golf R!

Back to the drawing-board, a Leon Cupra ST 300 instead perhaps?

DC

It's the R I like. It's just if I can cope with the FWD (all be it with a decent diff) over 4WD. 

We have found that very few peeps notice our R, perhaps 'cos it's an estate & finished in "Re-sale Grey"......

DC

7 hours ago, old newbie2 said:

Is it now possible to re-map the Octy 3 2.0 TSi, I thought that any tuning had to be done with an external tuning-box?

TIA for any info, DC.

Tuning box does work, kinda think 3 or 4 companies can do remaps too certainly, APR

• Like 1

10 hours ago, juan27 said:

It's designed for little people. Too difficult to get in and out of for me.

Little as in short &/or not overweight?

We aren't tall, 5'10 & 5'4", but we aren't skinny either........

(We are quite comfy in our current fleet, are the Leon's seats that much smaller / closer together than a Mk 7 Golf?)

DC

11 hours ago, matt1chelski said:

I'm not a fan of the estate tbh. I dont know why, because I normally like a fast estate but the Leon just doesnt do it for me in estate form. 

Different strokes, etc.

For myself it's the nicest looking Leon, the 3-door hatch is too short & the shape of the 5 door's rear side window is odd / untidy.

DC 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Leon Cupra is now available with 4WD?

So far, only the ST (estate) is available with 4WD. As for the (probable) forthcoming Ateca Cupra, who knows?

DC