Front ARB

Have a 2011 Monte Carlo, have fitted a rear ARB and also lowered, am looking for advice on fitting a front ARB, can i just fit ARB or will i have to fit drop links as well ?. Basically i'm looking to stiffen up the front end, will the above mods help, any advice appreciated as new to car suspension tweaking, I'm more into my bikes, but getting fed up with the digs from the other half about how much better her car handles, the RARB did make a difference, just looking to get the front a bit tighter when cornering, thanks in advance.

Not done an arb as mine is basically a school car but I fitted uprated drop-link bars. The Meyle heavy duty ones are highly recommended and have a four year warranty and can be found quite cheaply on... Well, you know the famous auction site by now! A pair will cost less then a single standard one from a main dealer and will be better, no doubt!

Not sure if they are available but also, you can  fit a strut brace across the front struts to help stiffen the front a little. Along with the drop links and arb, they will improve front end handling but remember, you can't polish a turd!

• Like 1

Fill us in then, what does the other half drive that handles so well & so much better than the Fabia? 

(I suppose it could be just about anything really including a Clio with the rear seat folded flat even a Dacia.)

I know that you can get an uprated front ARB for the Fabia...my VRS has a front ARB fitted as standard, but I thought the MC had one along with all Fabia models?

Anyway the uprated one, its the VWRacingline stuff that's for the Polo.

Just a shame they don't sell a rear one for it too....im going for a H&R rear I think.

Edited by S27VEJ

Lol she has a Proton Satria neo, (in fact she has two) one with 115,000 miles on the clock, she bought the 2nd one as she thiught first was on its last legs, two yrs ago, it refuses to die, but they both handle like they are on rails, have embarrassed some very fancy cars on twisty roads. 

• Like 1

I used to road rally a Proton Compact (Neo predecessor) and it was so much fun to drive. Very popular for motorsport round here still. No one has used a Neo in its basic guise yet though.