Dpf...is it game over in limp mode ?

16 hours ago, MjClanger said:

Thanks for the heads up. It does look like it's pointing towards a turbo issue, I hoped the Terraclean would have sorted it out but it obviously hasn't.

Do I just go for it and replace the turbo or wait until the skoda techs tell me to? Decision decisions!! 

I'm like a Pelican at the moment I'm walking around with an enormous bill in front of me!!:doh: 

P.s Congrats on your 400th post....that's dedication to the cause! :handshake:

if it's already booked in with skoda see what they say, I would always go with recon a turbo if the housing and supporting parts are in good condition.

not sure where you are but midland turbo are good at this

11 hours ago, Gissin said:

if it's already booked in with skoda see what they say, I would always go with recon a turbo if the housing and supporting parts are in good condition.

not sure where you are but midland turbo are good at this

Thanks I'll definitely look into that after Skoda inspect it. Fingers crossed it's that and not a fuel system removal.

Midland Turbo is not too far away but have you got a rough idea how much to refurb a turbo would cost? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2017 at 22:54, MjClanger said:

Thanks chap, I may take a look at that however the soot reading was 4% on the vcds which was well within limits apparently. I'm really not sure what else I can try. The smell of ammonia coming from the fuel tank has freaked me out a bit....I'll be breaking kneecaps if I find out someone's tampered with it.   ....I'm missing my VRS real bad. 

How do you check the DPF readings with VCDS?

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 16:04, MjClanger said:

Thanks for the heads up. It does look like it's pointing towards a turbo issue, I hoped the Terraclean would have sorted it out but it obviously hasn't.

Do I just go for it and replace the turbo or wait until the skoda techs tell me to? Decision decisions!! 

I'm like a Pelican at the moment I'm walking around with an enormous bill in front of me!!:doh: 

P.s Congrats on your 400th post....that's dedication to the cause! :handshake:

When the turbo died on my last work car (199600 miles on the clock) I got my local garage to conferm the fault codes I was getting on my laptop. I ended up going to eurocar parts to get a turbo.
Bout £300 got a recon turbo :)