Passenger door not opening

hello everyone,

wondering if anyone can help. I own a skoda superb comfort 1.9td (2005) and recently the front passenger side door has stopped opening. The lock doesn't response to the key or to the unlock button in the vehicle. it could be a coincidence but when the front driver side door is open it doesn't show on the dash sensor as been open. I get the following code: when i use the code reader

00928 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Driver Side (F220) 
            27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221) 
            27-00 - Implausible Signal

any help on how to fix this please

cheers

Ola

Edited by ola80

Have you read the water ingress thread and checked for water under the carpet, do the interior lights work, any other electrical issues? If not, do that and sort out the pollen filter housing seal, if its been wet for long there will be corrosion in the wiring connections. If all is dry then the problem could be the lock module, search for dry solder joints & microswitches failing in Passat B5.5 or Superb 3U4, there are some good videos on YouTube showing how it can be repaired or just buy the whole lock assembly. Three of my doors failed this way, I disconnected power to the door by unplugging the wiring going to the doors. I locked and unlocked them manually until I had time to address it, still have the back two to do, mine were on the blink for a while so I had warning that they were failing, eventually they will fail in the closed position and then its a bigger problem.

Edited by gfinneran
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gfinneran said:

Have you read the water ingress thread and checked for water under the carpet, do the interior lights work, any other electrical issues? If not, do that and sort out the pollen filter housing seal, if its been wet for long there will be corrosion in the wiring connections. If all is dry then the problem could be the lock module, search for dry solder joints & microswitches failing in Passat B5.5 or Superb 3U4, there are some good videos on YouTube showing how it can be repaired or just buy the whole lock assembly. Three of my doors failed this way, I disconnected power to the door by unplugging the wiring going to the doors. I locked and unlocked them manually until I had time to address it, still have the back two to do, mine were on the blink for a while so I had warning that they were failing, eventually they will fail in the closed position and then its a bigger problem.

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion, yes everything is fine and yes also all the interior lights work. is there a way to get the door open as it is in the lock position and nothing seems to work.

Thanks

Try banging on the door near the handle lock area while using the remote to unlock. If you use the search function there have been threads on it, when you get it open disconnect the electrical connection going to the door and any of the others if they are playing up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 11:02, gfinneran said:

Try banging on the door near the handle lock area while using the remote to unlock. If you use the search function there have been threads on it, when you get it open disconnect the electrical connection going to the door and any of the others if they are playing up.

I have done that and it didn't work i also tried removing the door panel from the inside but couldnt figure out how to get the locks to open.

can anyone offer any solution please

i had the same VCDS codes

but before i got completely locked out, i have taken the panels off - on the drivers side there were cracked solder joints (that is why there was no open door indicator light)

just re-soldered and everything is restored

as well you need to connect the door motor to 12V a give it a good run and put some compressor air through it

that fixed my locks.

• Like 1