Faults

Mine car is pre BW22, but the replacement panels are afterward. As they are not yet fitted, I don't know if they have cured the creak, but it doesn't look like they cured the armrest gaps.

On 08/08/2017 at 11:57, Ziuta said:

Its after one short trip from the supermarket, there isn't enough fabric to keep it tucked in. Im feeling fobbed off I rung the dealer today again and the warranty person haven't returned my call. Seriously considering to cancel our finance agreement with the dealer as this clearly doesn't comply with Consumer Act 2015 

Just to add other seat doesn't do that

IMG_6950.JPG

IMG_6951.JPG

Don't know why your dealer is stalling. Mine ordered new seat covers straight away. Took some time to come but  should be fitted shortly. 

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

there is no dealer fix for this, only bodges that will fail again. Put your foot down and , nicely, ask for new seats. If they dither throw in that you're thinking of rejecting car. That's what I would do but obviously it's up to you. 

Seeing as it is a 'Manufacturers Warranty', and the Dealership is acting as an agent for the buyer and the manufacturer if there are issues contact Skoda UK Customer Services as they are the Importer. 

Do not allow Snagging Faults or Quality Control / Manufacturing Faults to be delayed in being dealt with because some Dealership Employees do not understand 

your rights & your Warranty.

http://skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/Warranty-Booklet-single.pdf 

9 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

Seeing as it is a 'Manufacturers Warranty', and the Dealership is acting as an agent for the buyer and the manufacturer if there are issues contact Skoda UK Customer Services as they are the Importer. 

Do not allow Snagging Faults or Quality Control / Manufacturing Faults to be delayed in being dealt with because some Dealership Employees do not understand 

your rights & your Warranty.

http://skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/Warranty-Booklet-single.pdf 

That's it in a nut shell. Wise words!!

I went back to the dealer and they took photos of the fault, said they'll fill up the "form" and it will be forwarded to skoda (?). I give the dealer until next Wednesday to get back in touch with an update. I'll give them a chance on Wednesday as I pop in to see them if I won't hear anything. After that I'm contacting Skoda UK because its bonkers, my local garage is clearly fobbing me off. As I see that your dealer Garowe was on the case straight away. I have contacted lawyer to see what rights I have and I'm pretty covered under Consumer Act 2015. 

Thank you for your advice too :) I'll keep you posted on how things develop

On 09/08/2017 at 15:32, Mistletoe51 said:

As a matter of interest, how do you tell the build week if your car was already in dealer stock?

If it was already in dealer stock (especially if it was Simpsons) it will be a pre BW22 2017 model. Simpsons were advertising about 20 2017 models as available from stock, and still are.

21 minutes ago, andyvee said:

If it was already in dealer stock (especially if it was Simpsons) it will be a pre BW22 2017 model. Simpsons were advertising about 20 2017 models as available from stock, and still are.

Thanks. They had 11 in stock when I got mine. So far it's done 1000 miles, most of them over 2 days, and behaved faultlessly. No trim issues either. Just given it a good wax/paint sealing and the Black Pearl looks spectacular. Can't wait for the day when I get my licence back (temporarily revoked on medical grounds :sadsmile:)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

all four door protectors are broken on mine it seems like they are to close to the back door and fender and cracks and falls of.

i have comperd mine to the delers and the old demo car is the same but the new showroomcar is mutch better. the sad thing is thet skoda dosent take it on warrenty my deler thake the cost so nothing fore me but its bad from skoda.

Why would Dealerships pay for Fundamental Design, Manufacturing or material failures from Skoda of New Models that are obviously having snagging faults that Skoda will need to address and have the components redesigned or improve the manufacturing and quality control of?

The dealer will cover the cost of rectifying the fault as far as the customer is concerned but claims the standard cost and parts back from Skoda's regional distributor. I worked for the warranty departments of a major HGV manufacturer and a large Alfa Romeo dealership, so I know what I'm talking about.

• 8 months later...
On 8/9/2017 at 20:51, romanv said:

Regarding how the handles sound: 

Hi All, 

Just wondering if anybody has managed to get the handle creaks fixed under warranty? Unfortunately all 4 of my door handles do this. I have it booked into the dealer tomorrow so I'm hoping they can sort it out. 

Thanks, Ben

I thought maybe its time to add some silicone. Take off the plastic cover from handlebar...add some dilicone between plastic cover and handlebar and let to try. After that rub off the existing silicone and voila....buuut that just a thought

Took delivery of mine early December last year (MY18/BW39). I too have the infamous door creaking which I have learnt to live with as I only have to deal with it when getting in and out. But an even more annoying problem has popped up with the seats. They squeak when my weight shifts even a little (e.g.: when cornering, braking, or accelerating). If I had to guess I'd say its coming from some sort of a spring mechanism inside the seat. I say that because I have heard similar noises in really old (by that I mean cars from the 80s) with worn out bulky seat springs. But never in a modern car.

I’ve owned my share of used cars but none of them had this type of creaking or squeaking parts. This is my first euro car (all previous ones were Japanese) and quite disappointed with the build quality. IMO not acceptable for a car at this price point!.

14 minutes ago, phoenixfx said:

Took delivery of mine early December last year (MY18/BW39). I too have the infamous door creaking which I have learnt to live with as I only have to deal with it when getting in and out. But an even more annoying problem has popped up with the seats. They squeak when my weight shifts even a little (e.g.: when cornering, braking, or accelerating). If I had to guess I'd say its coming from some sort of a spring mechanism inside the seat. I say that because I have heard similar noises in really old (by that I mean cars from the 80s) with worn out bulky seat springs. But never in a modern car.

I’ve owned my share of used cars but none of them had this type of creaking or squeaking parts. This is my first euro car (all previous ones were Japanese) and quite disappointed with the build quality. IMO not acceptable for a car at this price point!.

I agree, hence why I got rid of mine. I feel the Kodiaq is a backward step in build quality in some areas over my previous 3 Octavias and nowhere near that of my current Superb.

But … are your seats leather or part leather ? If so some leather treatment cream in areas the leather my rub on itself or something else often works wonders. (like the join between back and base, or were the seatbelt holder or centre console may be rubbing).

Edited by Mr Grump

11 minutes ago, Mr Grump said:

are your seats leather or part leather ? If so some leather treatment cream in areas the leather my rub on itself or something else often works wonders. (like the join between back and base, or were the seatbelt holder or centre console may be rubbing).

Perforated leather seats with heating and ventilation. 

Think the sounds are coming from inside or underneath the seat. Similar to the noise made when bouncing on old spring beds or mattresses. So I think its either the springs or metals in the seat.  Doesn't sound like a leather or plastic rubbing noise. But I could be wrong, was quite busy last few weeks so couldn't  spend much time on it, but I will have a closer look soon, probably over the weekend.  

Check the design of the Tiguan handles and that Kodiaq. You will see that the creaking problem is due to the fact they are from 2 piece plastic on the bear. In my car on the passanger door the handle came slightly appart and on the drivers side there is a slight gap between the entire door trim and side (there from new and noted) all being sorted under warranty. Was actualy surprised at the ammount of pulling the service person did at the door handles and they looked solid, even though they creack and have slight gaps, so what we are experiencing is purely cosmetic. I was reasured that this isn't supposed to be like this and that the door handles and trims should be very solid.

Waitting for parts as we speek, while the service person did hint on a high probability of a substantial redisign of the door trims coming in MY2019, so fingers crossed. This is the biggest downside of a very good car in general.